Moving to new city

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
KevinR
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Moving to new city

Post by KevinR »

I currently live in Philadelphia but will be moving to Orlando. I work through the county assistance office with a work force program but have no other current job, my only sorce of income is SS to suport me and my daughter, i'v never been to Orlando and have no one i know there, this move is extreamly nervis for me and appreciate any help. Is there any work programs in Orlando that could help me with a paying job, or ways to get help to pay for moving costs? Also how do i apply and what is the guide lines to applying for rent/housing and other assistance. I also reseve food stamps through Philadelphia. please respond soon i must move as soon as posible! thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Moving to new city

Post by Admin »

A few places to call in Orland Florida and Orange County include the following:
Salvation Army of Orange County Florida Phone (407) 295-9311.
Catholic Charities of Central Florida can be called at 407-658-1818.
Orange County Community Action Division (407) 836-8476 - This place has job finding programs. Maybe use them in your move to the new area.
I think hard to find help paying for moving costs. But these places may know who to call. Or heck, maybe they do have funding for the money.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ora ... rogr1.html
KevinR wrote:I currently live in Philadelphia but will be moving to Orlando. I work through the county assistance office with a work force program but have no other current job, my only sorce of income is SS to suport me and my daughter, i'v never been to Orlando and have no one i know there, this move is extreamly nervis for me and appreciate any help. Is there any work programs in Orlando that could help me with a paying job, or ways to get help to pay for moving costs? Also how do i apply and what is the guide lines to applying for rent/housing and other assistance. I also reseve food stamps through Philadelphia. please respond soon i must move as soon as posible! thank you.
LoriLynn Smith
anti spam: Blue

Post by LoriLynn Smith »

Help with food, clothing, moving to a new place, and even paying the bills is greatly appreciated. At this time, myself and my younger two boys don't have beds to sleep on. I have only a chair that I sleep on in the living room and the boys sleep on the floor. I would love to love but has been quite difficult to get around, save any money for down payment or help with moving to a new city. I do get assistance with Section 8, and I am waiting to get Food Stamps due to an oversight on the Agencies part.
I also am inquiring for my mother who does work, doesn't receive any assistance and is ill herself but also take care of her very ill husband. Habitat has come to do some work in her home which is a Blessing but as she currently works at Walmart, 3rd shift, she is financially strapped to paying her house note, utilities, food, and Habitat all without any transportation relying on a neighbor or cab to and from work, to appointments, or most recently and frequently to Doctors office and Hospital due to her husband’s failing help. Any information that you can help my family move or my Mother, is appreciated.
Elephant

Post by Elephant »

I live in St. Paul Minnesota. I'm in a volatile relationship that I'm getting out of. I have 3 children and we're needing help moving to a new city in Arizona where all of my family is. We have a place to go, we need to get ourselves and our belongings there. Please if there's anything you can do we would appreciate all of your assistance.
I thank you for your time and the willingness to assist us!