SOCIAL SECURITY NOT ENOUGH

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Trew1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

SOCIAL SECURITY NOT ENOUGH

Post by Trew1 »

I AM 67yrs OLD TRYING TO GET BY ON MY SOCIAL SECURITY. I LIVE

IN A BIG OLD HOUSE AND JUST PAID A $750 ELECT. BILL. THE HOUSE

IS TOTAL ELECTRIC INCLUDING THE FURNACE.

I WAS JUST HOPING THAT MABY I COULD GET SOME SORT OF HELP

BECAUSE I KNOW I HAVE AT LEAST ONE MORE BIG BILL COMMING UP.

PLEASE ADVISE,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY NOT ENOUGH

Post by Admin »

$750 electric bill is ridiculous. Way too high. Unless your house is a mansion, you are overpaying.
Many utility and electric companies offer financial assistance and/or weatherization type programs. Basically if you are elderly, low income, etc. (which sounds like you may be a senior citizen if on social security) then you may qualify for free energy conservation improvements. Or maybe even grants to pay your electric and energy bills. Find more information on the programs here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ene ... tance.html
Trew1 wrote:I AM 67yrs OLD TRYING TO GET BY ON MY SOCIAL SECURITY. I LIVE

IN A BIG OLD HOUSE AND JUST PAID A $750 ELECT. BILL. THE HOUSE

IS TOTAL ELECTRIC INCLUDING THE FURNACE.

I WAS JUST HOPING THAT MABY I COULD GET SOME SORT OF HELP

BECAUSE I KNOW I HAVE AT LEAST ONE MORE BIG BILL COMMING UP.

PLEASE ADVISE,
ronnyboyt

Post by ronnyboyt »

Im out of work 2yrs. now and rely on my little SSI retirement to live,I applied for food stamps in phnx,AZ but they said I get to much money,Im $127.00 over the limit,I pay $397.00 in child support out of the SSI before I get my money,I need to get a copy of the court orders for the child support from SSI but dont know who to contact to get these copies from(which dept etc.)HELP!!!!
thanks
ronnyboyt
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Ridiculous if you ask me, being so little over the limit. that is the government for you. Only the poorest can get help. Moderate income have much more difficult time. But here are options in your area.
Desert Mission, Inc 602.331.5792 is a great place to call for information and referrals.
Tolleson Community Services Division (phone number (623) 936-7111) is another leadign non-profit agency for help or financial aid.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mar ... e_pro.html
ronnyboyt wrote:Im out of work 2yrs. now and rely on my little SSI retirement to live,I applied for food stamps in phnx,AZ but they said I get to much money,Im $127.00 over the limit,I pay $397.00 in child support out of the SSI before I get my money,I need to get a copy of the court orders for the child support from SSI but dont know who to contact to get these copies from(which dept etc.)HELP!!!!
thanks
ronnyboyt