veterinary bills

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
allisongeward

veterinary bills

Post by allisongeward »

what can I do to pay for pet bills. My dog is so expensive. I live in California, and i love my dog so much, but she is so expensive. I do not want to lose her, and need some help to pay for my pet
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: veterinary bills

Post by Admin »

allisongeward wrote:what can I do to pay for pet bills. My dog is so expensive. I live in California, and i love my dog so much, but she is so expensive. I do not want to lose her, and need some help to pay for my pet
Maybe suprisignly there are alot of wayt to get help and assistance with paying vet bills. Here is a good resource for more programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
may.julie84

Post by may.julie84 »

What about pet help and in particualr pet medications. I need help with paying for the pet bills such as frontline, heartworm pills, and more. Are there drug assistance programs?
Burgundy

Post by Burgundy »

In 2014, I rescued a 9 month old puppy that was being abused and now I have tons of vet bills. She wasn’t house trained, grossly malnourished, and had 3 types of worms. She was scared of everyone and everything, shaking 24/7. She was beaten, yelled at, locked in a bathroom for days without food and water, and forced to live in her own filth. When I met her, she took to me immediately? I brought her to the vet, got her medication, nutritious food, toys... everything she could possibly want or need. But the vet and pet care bills ran up.
She quickly houses trained but took about 10 months to start going to other people and to stop getting anxious and stop shaking. In 2017, she saved me. I literally would not be here today if she wasn’t in my life. That's why I’m here, swallowing my pride and asking for helpAfter getting Lyme, I lost my job, then my car and everything else thereafter. My savings is now completely depleted.
I’ve tried to get assistance for housing (any help really) as well as the veterinary bills, yet I somehow keep falling through the cracks. We’ve been living in a tent but it’s getting too cold. I’ve been searching for housing for a couple months. Either they don’t allow dogs, or they want an ungodly amount of money to move in. Once I get a place, supposedly then I can get assistance with rent as well as veterinary bills. I’m just now beginning to be able to work more, so hopefully soon I’ll have my independence back and can support myself again. But for now, I need help raising enough money to get an apartment where I can keep Abby with me.
lakeshia

Post by lakeshia »

Hello,
I live in MD and I’m in need of help dealing with a situation involving a kitten that was born in my garage. Three beautiful tiger strays found refuge in our garage, now they need veterinary care with high bills we can't afford. We fed them while searching for assistance to trap, neuter/spay and return them. We then learned one of them had four kittens in our garage. We brought the kittens in the house, nursed them for weeks and found good homes for two of them. One of the kittens, a sweet boy we called Max, became suddenly ill within a 24 hour period, vomiting and lethargic. We brought him to our local vet, Powder Ridge Vet, whereby they tested him and advised us that he wouldn’t survive unless we brought him to a nearby hospital known as Pieper Olson. We immediately drove Max to Pieper Olson. They retested him and we were told his kidneys were failing and they “suspected” a congenital issue.
They wanted to admit him for several nights which would have cost over $6,000 as he needed constant fluid. The other option offered was for us to provide fluid to Max at home and administer meds at home. We chose the at-home option. We did/do not have the money to fund this care, but we couldn’t not give this young, sweet boy a chance. Everything happened quickly and we did not have time to search for financial assistance. Care Credit rejected me, amazingly, because they said my video face did not match my eight year old drivers’ license photo. After spending about $2,500 oin the veterinary and caring for this sweet kitten, we tragically lost Max. We’ve been crying for days. The vets would not have cared for Max without a credit card. I can provide documents to prove all of the forgoing. We are not able to pay the $2,500 on our card that will now become due.
May we apply for a grant from your organization to pay the veterinary bills? Or could you recommend another organization that could maybe help? We also still wish to trap and return the mom cat. Any help you can give, would be appreciated more than I can express. We never except charity and have paid for everything in our lives ourselves to date. To say we are not from money is an understatement. My husband and I paid for 100% for our own educations, our own wedding, our home (we have a mortgage), etc. We’ve both worked full time plus for three decades and we now have two children in college. That said, we think every life matters and I think we did the right thing.
Any help your organization can give, would be appreciated more than I can tell you.