in need of programs for pepole on disability.

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
sonnyg1304
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

in need of programs for pepole on disability.

Post by sonnyg1304 »

i,m 58 years old, & have had 5 heart attacks & 7 stints installed in my heart. my air conditioner & furnace are 30 plus years old & they don,t work all that well. i,m on social security disability & iv,e looked every place i know & what has been suggested to me. i really in need of getting these systems replaced because my hah really depends on it. i guess you can say i,m a proud person & it bothers me to ask for help, but it,s come time to get this work done & i don,t know where to get help. if anyone knows of some kind of program or assistence to help me out, i would be very grateful. iv,e also looked into loans from my local banks, but being on disability i get negitive responses that are very hurtful or degrading. thank you for your time & i hope someone comes up with some kind of solution.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: in need of programs for pepole on disability.

Post by Admin »

If you have an old air conditioner and/or furnace, then the federal government weatherization program may be able to help.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wea ... _prog.html
Your local community action agency will more than likely administer it, and it can provide energy conserving updates to your home, including furnace and AC repairs, tuning, and maybe even a brand new unit. The program does focus on the low income and disabled, and you do not even need a loan.

sonnyg1304 wrote:i,m 58 years old, & have had 5 heart attacks & 7 stints installed in my heart. my air conditioner & furnace are 30 plus years old & they don,t work all that well. i,m on social security disability & iv,e looked every place i know & what has been suggested to me. i really in need of getting these systems replaced because my hah really depends on it. i guess you can say i,m a proud person & it bothers me to ask for help, but it,s come time to get this work done & i don,t know where to get help. if anyone knows of some kind of program or assistence to help me out, i would be very grateful. iv,e also looked into loans from my local banks, but being on disability i get negitive responses that are very hurtful or degrading. thank you for your time & i hope someone comes up with some kind of solution.
CarlQ

Post by CarlQ »

I was wondering if you can please help my mom, she is having real financial issues and her air conditioner went out and has no way to afford it. She has central air and is so old it just quit. She needs to get a heat system put into cause shes tired of fighting the wood stove and it doesn't keep the place super warm when she does use it. She is disabled so need to stay cool and warm. I hope you can help. Her place is not that energy efficiency either and she really needs some help to get a A/C unit and some kind of new heat thru her duct work. She tried to get financing and was denied, the wood stove is just to hard to use for her and she is having to deal with the heat now that it is hot out. I am really worried about her and hope someone can help get her fixed up and help her out. She wouldn't ask for for help if she didn't need it and she really needs the help asap. I hope you can help.
Leann D

Post by Leann D »

To Whom This May Concern:
Hello, my name is Krystal. I am an honorable disabled veteran. I have been diagnosed with long COVID-19, and I suffer from a weakened immune system with several autoimmune diseases, as well as a Traumatic Brain Injury.
I am currently receiving VA disability compensation as one of the many people on disability. Because of medical reasons, I have suffered a significant loss of income. I was a Federal Government employee, employed by the Department of Defense, but I have been on Family and Medical Leave since 2022. As a result, in August 2023, I applied for social security benefits. Also, I am in the process of applying for early Federal OPM retirement due to medical reasons. As of now, my VA disability compensation is my primary income, but I fail to receive enough disability compensation to cover my monthly expenses.
I am delinquent on my mortgage. My mortgage has been assigned to an attorney who has filed foreclosure proceedings with the Circuit Court for Prince George's County, MD. I could be facing foreclosure as soon as (45) calendar days, which is roughly a week before Christmas.
Writing this email is extremely difficult for me because I have been independent since the age of 17 years old. I have exhausted my savings, and I have little to no income. I am currently receiving food benefits from the Department of Human Services. I applied for HAF assistance in February 2023, but was denied due to being .09% over their PITI limit.
I appealed the decision, and I never received any correspondence regarding my appeal. Therefore, I contacted a HUD partner, Homefree USA and am working with them to appeal my HAF denial. As of this email, I have not received a status response regarding my HAF appeal from Homefree USA or HAF. I have contacted them on several occasions with no updates. I have sought financial assistance from Veteran Affairs (VA), but I was informed that VA does not offer financial assistance to homeowners. I have no resources and I'm losing hope.
I am a great person who helps people in need. I give back to my community. I have hundreds of volunteer hours. I serve at my Church. I have a high level security clearance. I do not have a criminal background. I believe the kids are our future and I've poured into several children through mentorship.
I never became delinquent on any bills until December 2022, even since being on disability. My credit score has dropped nearly 400 points this year. I am working with my mortgage company seeking forbearance options to prevent foreclosure. I need help now. Whatever assistance and resources are available, please help me. I have no place to go if I lose my home. I am suffering. My mental health is suffering. My physical health is suffering. I just need some help.
Please contact me as soon as possible.