Home repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Momneedshelp
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Home repairs

Post by Momneedshelp »

my name is Sherri. i'm trying to find someone or program to help me with my my home,my ceiling is about to fall down on my head and my feets are going thru the floor,i have a liver disease,i'm not on ssi cause i can never fdind transportation to take me to appts. my house is ice cold i don't have no heat,and i'm on a prepaid lights and they are about to get cut off! please help me
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home repairs

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into heating and home repair programs? If your home is really in that bad of shape this may be a program for you. It can often fix lights, roofs, and provide other home improvements and repairs, all of which have a secondary benefit of helping you save money on energy bills.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hea ... ement.html
Wertas

Post by Wertas »

Hello, do you have any non-profit organizations that can assist with tree trimming,
removal and other yard clean-up and maintenance as well as home repairs? I cannot afford to take care of these problems due to finances and thought I would check with you if such a service exists. My residence is in Carmichael, CA. Thank you in advance for your
assistance.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

I am on SSDI due to a disability. I owe my own home but it is current without homeowners insurance. They will not provide insurance because they said I need to upgrade my electrical breaker system. ( I have the old fuse type of breaker box.) They also said I need a new electric meter. Is there any assistance covering this type of work so I can get homeowners insurance?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you look into charity programs in your area? Some can coordinate home repairs and improvements, so it sound like if you do that you can get the insurance that you need. Find an extensive listing of charity assistance programs.
cat1 wrote:I am on SSDI due to a disability. I owe my own home but it is current without homeowners insurance. They will not provide insurance because they said I need to upgrade my electrical breaker system. ( I have the old fuse type of breaker box.) They also said I need a new electric meter. Is there any assistance covering this type of work so I can get homeowners insurance?
Madalynn

Post by Madalynn »

Hi,
Do you have any non-profit organizations, that can assist with tree trimming,removal and other yard clean-up and maintenance as well as home repairs? I cannot afford to take care, of these problems due to finances.My residence is in Carmichael, CA. Thank you in advance for your
assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I am not sure if a non-profit can take care of those types of home maintenance. However you can call around and ask. Probably focus on agencies all across Sacramento, and not just call places around Carmichael. A listing of different non-profits, charities, and agencies to call can be found [urlhttp://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sacramento_county_assistance_p.html]Sacrramento assistance programs[/url]. Call places like the Greater Sacramento Urban League at 916.286.8600. So call and ask if they know of options they may have.

Madalynn wrote:Hi,
Do you have any non-profit organizations, that can assist with tree trimming,removal and other yard clean-up and maintenance as well as home repairs? I cannot afford to take care, of these problems due to finances.My residence is in Carmichael, CA. Thank you in advance for your
assistance.
Ted901

Post by Ted901 »

I need help with home repairs. My water bill was over $200.00 they think I am leaking water in my home but I don't know. I have a 1981 Mobile Home. In the winter or on a breezy day you can feel cold air rushing into the home, I know I need windows but they are so expensive. I live with my son and he is receiving SSI because of his disability. I'm not sure where I should apply or who to call.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Weatherization, LIHEAP, and programs from your utility company may all be options for you. Many energy conservation programs are run by various programs, government offices, and utility companies. Find our most extensive list of assistance programs here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html
Ted901 wrote:I need help with home repairs. My water bill was over $200.00 they think I am leaking water in my home but I don't know. I have a 1981 Mobile Home. In the winter or on a breezy day you can feel cold air rushing into the home, I know I need windows but they are so expensive. I live with my son and he is receiving SSI because of his disability. I'm not sure where I should apply or who to call.
Smushy

Post by Smushy »

My husband has recently moved out and left me with my two daughters and a mess of repairs. My plumbing pipes were rusted and leaking. I now have mold growing in my house and need emergency repairs. I have recently applied for government aid for food and medical. I am employed but only make $18,000 a year. I need to repair my moldy walls before it becomes a health issue for my kids. I live in the city of Miramar, FL in a mobile Trailer Home.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not sure about home repairs for trailers, however we do have extensive information on Broward County assistance programs. Call the agencies and organizations that we have listed, such as Hope Outreach Center (954) 321-0909 or the City of Fort Lauderdale Housing & Community Development Division (954) 828-4512. Ask if they have any recommendations for you. Maybe one specific program to ask about is weatherization.Or some counties also offer zero interest rate loans for home repairs. So maybe ask about that option too. And continue calling around to various agencies too.
Smushy wrote:My husband has recently moved out and left me with my two daughters and a mess of repairs. My plumbing pipes were rusted and leaking. I now have mold growing in my house and need emergency repairs. I have recently applied for government aid for food and medical. I am employed but only make $18,000 a year. I need to repair my moldy walls before it becomes a health issue for my kids. I live in the city of Miramar, FL in a mobile Trailer Home.
TylerWinkle

Post by TylerWinkle »

Office Of Community Development in Columbus and she told me that some areas offer a Deferred/Declining Forgiven loan for family's that need help with home repairs. Therefore I was hoping you could direct me to someone near Lorain Ohio that would help me apply for this type of help. My basement continually gets water in it and I cannot afford to fix the problem due to our low income level. My windows also have a very bad draft that always gets my wife and son sick during the colder months. I make over a thousand dollars let a month than when I originally bought my home. Also due to the water getting in we are worried about black mold developing.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes there may be a loan interest loan (or very rarely a grant program) offered by local non-profit agencies, like your community action agency. The one in Columbus Ohio is known as Impact Community Action. Find more about them, including phone numbers and addresses at Franklin County Ohio programs, including housing, financial aid, and much more aid and support.
TylerWinkle wrote:Office Of Community Development in Columbus and she told me that some areas offer a Deferred/Declining Forgiven loan for family's that need help with home repairs. Therefore I was hoping you could direct me to someone near Lorain Ohio that would help me apply for this type of help. My basement continually gets water in it and I cannot afford to fix the problem due to our low income level. My windows also have a very bad draft that always gets my wife and son sick during the colder months. I make over a thousand dollars let a month than when I originally bought my home. Also due to the water getting in we are worried about black mold developing.
Claudette Term

Post by Claudette Term »

My husband and I are in need of a septic and a well dug and hooked up and I was searching online and came across your page. My husband is disabled due to a work accident that caused a broken neck. He is disabled for life. We was only 31 yrs old when it happened and we also had a house fire where we lost everything. We had to start over and we moved to a trailer on his mom and dads land but we were not able to get the well dug. It was quite expensive to us, around $2500.00. That is money we just don't have. We are living day to day and we just don not have that kind of money. Is there anyone that you would know of that would be able to help us to get a well dug and the pump and tank also the septic tank. We are having to go to his mom and dads to use the rest room and shower, we live on the same 5 acres of his mom and dad we just know that its a burden on them and we need one in our own home. Thank you again for your time.
CorporateB

Post by CorporateB »

I can’t find anywhere in Greenville, MS 38701 in Washington County where I can go to apply for a home repair grant. I can't even find where to go for the weatherization grant to replace windows etc... I am disabled and my home is in bad shape and I don't have any money to survive and pay bills much less any home repairs. I have almost died twice in the last month and still don't have answers to why or what happened to me but my finances are stressing me and I need some help and don't know where to go to get any help. Thank you so much for this site but from what I have seen, it looks like where I live there is not any help for me out there. My car broke down too and I need help with Christmas. Times are just too hard.