Home repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Tyler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home repairs

Post by Tyler »

Hello, I am a 60 year old male permanently disabled man I live in my own house that is slowly falling apart. I try to keep up with and do pretty good at doing it , but it rained hard the other night and when I went down in my basement, water everywhere. This is not the first time. I tried my best to remedy the problem but I see that didn't work. Well the question is this first of all I am on a fixed income and none of it do I get to enjoy, and I was wondering if there is any charitable organization that I could turn to and ask for help with making my basement waterproof. Please any assistance would be greatly appreciate.
Alex Gursky

Post by Alex Gursky »

I live in Lexington Kentucky and in need of home repairs in three rooms of my house the floors are very weak. In one bedroom it has already fell through in one small area that you can see the ground underneath. My water heater doesn't work and I have been without hot water going on a year now, I have asked Churches in Corbin Kentucky and Williamsburg Kentucky for help. I have also asked Bell Whitley Community Action Agency, Cedar Ridge Ministries, Friendship Center and Mountain Outreach all in Williamsburg with no success. I have asked three of these places for help more than once about these home repairs but they always say they can't help me. I have also contacted Corbin United Effort in Corbin Kentucky and attended an expo for low income families for assistance, still unable to find help. I have really tried every place I can think of. I am in need because I am disabled and on a fixed income of 710.00 a month. I am 42 and live on my own and cannot do these repairs or afford to pay someone to do them. Thank You for your time.
David19

Post by David19 »

To whom it may concern...I am not sure who to contact for help but me and my daughter live in a very old house. I have done a lot of work to it. But recently got laid off work in November. My house needs siding on it very bad. I cannot afford to do it on my own. The house stays cold where I need siding. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank for any help you can give me for the home and siding. Thanks.
Povidence

Post by Povidence »

I am disabled grandmother. I receive $720 a month on SSI and have custody of 5 grandkids. We have barely survived living in motels for 7 months and recently got a trailer not in best shape. I know waiting list are long but with my income and disability as well as health issues of the children, are the any organizations that can help us. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, weatherization is one of the easiest programs to apply for, so not sure why you would say that. Contact DSS or a community action agency. Just ask around. So ask them about home repairs. Note there is normally a waiting list, and many people do not qualify. But try. Also ask them about other grants you may need. For details, find more details on home repair programs.
CorporateB wrote:I can’t find anywhere in Greenville, MS 38701 in Washington County where I can go to apply for a home repair grant. I can't even find where to go for the weatherization grant to replace windows etc... I am disabled and my home is in bad shape and I don't have any money to survive and pay bills much less any home repairs.
Geraldine

Post by Geraldine »

We need help on home repairs, including a major pipe repair to the city street. The city of Mount Clemens wants this done immediately and is threatening to evict us from our own home. The damage right now is confined to the yard and street there is no damage to the home itself. I thank you in advance for your assistance.
Alibaba

Post by Alibaba »

Good day to you, I am a father of one boy just recently married to the love of my life. We are working as hard as we can, and I was recently laid off from my job. We live in St. Augustine Florida 32086 and I have been rebuilding a 20 year old mobile home with my stepfather and my landlord is not helping with anything I am doing out of pocket. Both bathrooms had rotten wood and black mold that was unsafe to live in and I had to fix it because you could see the dirt through the floor and reach your hand through the outside wall is was so rotten. Our roof is falling in and my wife and I are doing all that we can to meet ends meet as we try to pay for home repairs. I just spent the last 77 dollars I had on food and school supplies for my son he is going into the third grade. Rent is 720 a month and electric are around 120. Please if there is anything that could be done let the lord shine down on you forever for helping people like my family.