in need of programs for pepole on disability.

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
sonnyg1304
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

in need of programs for pepole on disability.

Post by sonnyg1304 »

i,m 58 yrs. old & have had 5 heart attacks, 2 triple by-passes & 7 stints put in my heart. i also worked for a gas & electric utility co for 28yrs. that aso took it,s toll on my body. i,m on social security disability. i,m in need of replacing my air conditioner & furnace. i can,t afford to replace them because of the money i spend on my heart meds along with monthly finances. utilities, food, ect. i need the air condtioner & furnace because of my heart issues. i,ve been on the internet to see if kansas has some kind of assistant programs but i have not found any yet. i know my days are numbered but i just want what time i have left will be comfortable & as stress free as possible. if any of you know of any programs in the state of kansas or any place else, i would be very grateful. thank you & god bless you all. frederick w. graves
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: in need of programs for pepole on disability.

Post by Admin »

There are some programs that may be able to help replace furnace and air conditioners. Some are federal government ,some are run by state of Kansas. Use this like to find your county and more information. Usually they do help the disabled and or low income. For example, maybe try the Heatshare program. HeatShare.
Another option may be the Kansas Energy Efficiency Program (KEEP)
Both can be availbale from your local community action agency in Kansas.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/kan ... grams.html
sonnyg1304 wrote:i,m 58 yrs. old & have had 5 heart attacks, 2 triple by-passes & 7 stints put in my heart. i also worked for a gas & electric utility co for 28yrs. that aso took it,s toll on my body. i,m on social security disability. i,m in need of replacing my air conditioner & furnace. i can,t afford to replace them because of the money i spend on my heart meds along with monthly finances. utilities, food, ect. i need the air condtioner & furnace because of my heart issues. i,ve been on the internet to see if kansas has some kind of assistant programs but i have not found any yet. i know my days are numbered but i just want what time i have left will be comfortable & as stress free as possible. if any of you know of any programs in the state of kansas or any place else, i would be very grateful. thank you & god bless you all. frederick w. graves
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I am the health and wellness coordinator for our 55 and older retirement community, which also has disabled occupants. Is there a way that we could obtain some assistance for heating our community swimming pool during the chillier winter months? Several of our residents count on water aerobics and swimming for ongoing exercise. We are located in Edinburg, Texas. I would appreciate any links or resources you could share with me. Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

We must admit we have never had a request like this before. Maybe try asking your local community action agency if they have any ideas. I doubt they would then as sounds like you have a commercial facility. So charge an entrance fee to raise money for your pool. Then invest the funds in repairs/updates.
Jonathan wrote:I am the health and wellness coordinator for our 55 and older retirement community, which also has disabled occupants. Is there a way that we could obtain some assistance for heating our community swimming pool during the chillier winter months? Several of our residents count on water aerobics and swimming for ongoing exercise. We are located in Edinburg, Texas. I would appreciate any links or resources you could share with me. Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.