IRS Tax issues

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Patl
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

IRS Tax issues

Post by Patl »

I'm a mother of four in Indiana at my job we are loosing 2 to 3 full days of work per paycheck I owe 1870 in arrears in rent and I have to pay about 350 dollars on my utility bill and found out someone has been using my social security number out of state so I have to wait for the irs to straighten it out before I can file my taxes. IRS is so slow. And my daughter has gotten me in debt with her cell phone she works but she refuses to pay it even when she first got it she would pay for it. I don't know what to do I have an appointment with the Trustees office Thursday but thgey obnly help with 40 Dollars on the utility bill I need major immediate help Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: IRS Tax issues

Post by Admin »

Well, the IRS is difficult to work with. There are a couple different government programs that can help you file taxes for free, and also provide general guidance and information to people with IRS difficulties. Here is a listing of some options. For example there is the Counseling for the Elderly Program (TCE) as well as the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. Both can provide free tax filing services and other support and assistance.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fil ... _free.html
Patl wrote:I'm a mother of four in Indiana at my job we are loosing 2 to 3 full days of work per paycheck I owe 1870 in arrears in rent and I have to pay about 350 dollars on my utility bill and found out someone has been using my social security number out of state so I have to wait for the irs to straighten it out before I can file my taxes. IRS is so slow. And my daughter has gotten me in debt with her cell phone she works but she refuses to pay it even when she first got it she would pay for it. I don't know what to do I have an appointment with the Trustees office Thursday but thgey obnly help with 40 Dollars on the utility bill I need major immediate help Thank you!
Caroline Maddy

Post by Caroline Maddy »

I am a pregnant 22 year old and am now currently unemployed because my job involved lifting 50 pounds daily. Now, I am being sued for $1200 by the IRS for taxes and have no job or way to pay for it. I am 6 months pregnant and if I don't get help will probably spend the rest of my pregnancy in jail. What do I do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What the IRS will probably do is garnish your future wages, and also charge you interest on the taxes due. So this means you will need to pay them back one way or another. There is not much you can do. Maybe try a tax expert or the VITA program, and click more information.
Igotthis

Post by Igotthis »

Greetings!  I shall be applying for Social Security soon, but I still have several months before I can count on income and I have an IRS tax bill due.  I have been working freelance for a decade and I have never had such slim pickings as I do now.  I have overdue  phone and U-verse (internet) and HOA bills. I have many more, but those are the ones that are crying out for payment the loudest!Thank you so much for directing me to the proper entities!    We live in a great country! May we continue being God's points of light!