Furnace

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Larry
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Furnace

Post by Larry »

We desperately need a new furnace and we do not have the funds to get one. We currently have an old boiler heating system and it has been deemed unsafe for use and been tagged and shut down by the local energy company. We have 6 children ranging from the age o1 year old to 12 years old. Without a new furnace, or some other way to stay warm, my kids may freeze, and or get sick. I lost my job and have only been able to find a part time job. It does not pay enough to pay for an expensive new furnance or boiler. Please let me know what I need to do or who could help me I am willing to do anything. Where can I turn to. We live in Buffalo Iowa. Thank You
hulcomb

Furnace replacement

Post by hulcomb »

I need help replacing my furnace,I am able to pay a small amount. I live in a mobile home and have two small electric heaters as my source of heat. I work third shift and come home to an exermely cold house, any help I can recieve will be greatly appreciated. I dont even mind a used furnace. please let me know if you can help, or steer me to someone that can. Thank you. Beverly
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Furnace replacement

Post by Admin »

Furnaces can be obtained from government program known as weatherization. The federal government weatherization program will help people both conserve energy, and many of them will also provide funds for heating systems like appliances, furnaces, and hot water tanks. The Obama stimulus program has also greatly expanded the weatherization program so more people than ever will be helped by it.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wea ... _prog.html
hulcomb wrote:I need help replacing my furnace,I am able to pay a small amount. I live in a mobile home and have two small electric heaters as my source of heat. I work third shift and come home to an exermely cold house, any help I can recieve will be greatly appreciated. I dont even mind a used furnace. please let me know if you can help, or steer me to someone that can. Thank you. Beverly
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Furnace

Post by Admin »

Take a look at the post below that mentions the weatherization program. So this program is offered by areas in Buffalo and Scott County Iowa. Really the place you want to call and apply for the weatherization / furnace program is the Community Action of Eastern Iowa, and the phone number for the agency is (563) 324-3236. Call them and ask to apply. They can also usually help if the power was cut off, or if the unit was determined to be unsafe for some reason.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Larry wrote:We desperately need a new furnace and we do not have the funds to get one. We currently have an old boiler heating system and it has been deemed unsafe for use and been tagged and shut down by the local energy company. We have 6 children ranging from the age o1 year old to 12 years old. Without a new furnace, or some other way to stay warm, my kids may freeze, and or get sick. I lost my job and have only been able to find a part time job. It does not pay enough to pay for an expensive new furnance or boiler. Please let me know what I need to do or who could help me I am willing to do anything. Where can I turn to. We live in Buffalo Iowa. Thank You
Ashley Redd

Post by Ashley Redd »

Hello,
My 82 year old father lives alone and is without heat. He has had the same furnace in his home for over 40 years and it has stopped working. We had several different companies come out to see if it was repairable and they all have said no, and even though it will come on occasionally we have been advised that it is a huge fire hazard and to not cut it on at all. He does not tolerate cold weather well at all - usually he's a little chilly in the summer. So I am concerned for his well-being with no heat. Any help, or if you can point me in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated. He is low-income and only receives Social Security. Please see his information below and his and my contact.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Hello,

I am a disabled widow and am in need of furnace repair. I get $1,316.00 per month from Social Security. I live alone and pay all my bills. My furnace has been acting up for almost two years. I never know when it will turn on. Today it did not. I am hoping maybe I can get some help. I can make small payments but that is it. Thank you,
Scott Chhn

Post by Scott Chhn »

Hello! My daughter and her boyfriend are in need of a furnace for their trailer. They have been together since August 2009. They live in Miamisburg, Ohio. They are getting ready to have their second baby boy this year. They have contacted local and statewide organizations in Ohio for help for a furnace and no one will help them. They are looking for a free or no-cost-to-them furnace from an organization to donate to them. They do not have the money to buy a furnace or to make payments on a furnace. They have very bad credit because of medical bills on both of their credit reports. They are a low income family on public assistance. The trailer that they live in was bought and paid for with $18,000 dollars cash and my son's name is on the title. My husband loaned them the $3,000 to buy the trailer and they are suppose pay the money back when they can. They own the trailer and the lot rent and utilities and bills are in daughters name. They have live in the trailer since 2008 and it did not come with no heaters or a furnace. They are both receiving food stamps totaling $350 a month. My son is also getting supplemental security income (S.S.I.) and social security disability insurance (S.S.D.I.) totaling $700 a month. He is getting Medicare insurance and Medicaid insurance. He is also getting Care Source insurance. The girl is also getting special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children (WIC) since being pregnant. He gets cash assistance from the state of Ohio for $115 a month. By the time they pay lot rent and utilities and bills. They only have $50 dollars a month to keep gas in their 2008 Chevy vehicle for doctor’s appointments. I try to give them $50 dollars to $100 dollars a week on Mondays when I get paid for gas and food when they run out of food or food stamps and gas. They are a good couple. They are in need of a furnace for their trailer! You can contact me at Miamisburg, Ohio.
Maria B

Post by Maria B »

I recently bought a new home for my 7 year old and, when I was getting it ready to move in I found out the furnace was bad and needs to be replaced. How can I get assistance getting a new furnace?
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Greetings, New London, CT 06320.

I have a few questions I'm sure you'll be gladly to answer. My mother who also lives at the address stated above would love to know what she has to do in order to get approved for a new furnace. The one in our house is old and rusty. It looks unsafe-- in poor condition.

There is an another issue, my mother applied for fuel assistance and got denied. The denial letter states that "over income" is the reason. It is something I don't quite understand, how it is "over income?" She makes less than $300 weekly and is the only one employed; I'm currently unemployed. My mother is 58 years old. The oil tank is empty. If you can help us, it's okay if not, it's okay.
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

My heating system is broken and needs to be replaced. I do not have the funds or capability of paying for a new one. I am waiting on Mass save for an appointment to replace said burner with a 0% interest loan but that is not until 5/4 and my furnace is inoperable. Unfortunately by credit rating is poor and I am unable to obtain a loan to replace said unit -- are there programs out there that can help.
Carmello

Post by Carmello »

Good afternoon my name is Grace. I live at Gary Indiana and need a furnace.
I am a 58-year-old self-employed single parent whose work has gone dry due to COVID pandemic. I have one child a son who lives with me. He is 20 years old. I have lost all of my customers except for one because of the pandemic. I clean houses and do home care for mostly seniors. I have been struggling trying to keep the bills paid.
I'm asking for assistance to help me with this matter.
Just last week my furnace went Out. I got two estimates from two different companies and they both said that the furnace was too old to repair. It is 18 years old. My son and I have been staying with relatives until we can get the problem resolved.
Along with the assistance that I need for the utility bills I'm also asking for assistance on the furnace that went out in my home. I have been trying to apply online, but haven't been very successful.
Can you please help me and my son and assist us with this so great of a need. If possible can you please email me the application or mail me the application so I can at least apply and see if I am eligible for assistance. My email address is