Looking for computer and Internet for work

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Lewis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Looking for computer and Internet for work

Post by Lewis »

I am in need of a computer and Internet. A lot of Government (State and Federal) agencies, as well as companies require people to go to an Internet site to sign up or look up information. I am on Social Security Disability Income, my rent is $680 a month, with car insurance, gas I usually get 1 full tank and when it’s gone I can't get anywhere because I don't have means to buy gas). Having a computer would help greatly to get things done.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for computer and Internet for work

Post by Admin »

Try using a computer to look up information. If and when you have a real job (or are in school), then there may be free laptop computers given by some charities. They are generally surplus goods and used, but they may give you what you need for your work. But until then, there are many places to go to use a computer, including a library, job center, hotel, Salvation Army, etc.
Lewis wrote:I am in need of a computer and Internet. A lot of Government (State and Federal) agencies, as well as companies require people to go to an Internet site to sign up or look up information. I am on Social Security Disability Income, my rent is $680 a month, with car insurance, gas I usually get 1 full tank and when it’s gone I can't get anywhere because I don't have means to buy gas). Having a computer would help greatly to get things done.
Meteorite

Post by Meteorite »

My daughter is sixteen years old and always wanted a computer or laptop for school. I am not working to provide her with all she needs. All I get every month is disability which can hardly pay all my bills.
Se has no father figure in her life for over 10 years. I'm a mom and dad some time it saddens me when I don't have anything to give her for Christmas and she is not asking for her own personal use, but she wants the computer for school work. She wants a laptop so She can do her online class and project for school. she is a bright girl in school and I hate when my poverty hold up her success. If anyone can help me I would be grateful, and thank you.
engine

Post by engine »

I have been looking for assistance for my rent and a free computer as I continue to hunt for a job.
I am behind in my rent and am trying to keep myself out of eviction, but it is getting harder every day.
I noticed that you offer computer classes and would like to submit myself as a volunteer to help with that program.
I have years of experience with teaching computer information tech and more, I hold classes in my home for the same reason you have these classes.
Today we have many minorities, who are under-educated with technology and it only going to get harder for people without pc skills to get a job.
Attached is both versions of my resume' please feel free to contact me in any case at any time.
Joaquin

Post by Joaquin »

I am looking for help in paying my internet bill and need a computer for work. I live in Kansas City MO and have spectrum for internet. They have put me on a non pay disconnect because I am behind $40. My bill each month is $39.99 and current bill stands at $79.99. I have reached out to them to only be told that to get my internet back from slower than dial up speed, I have to pay what's due.
I have been trying for unemployment and have a pending appeal hearing that hasn't been scheduled yet. I am currently on the SNAP benefits program and have been trying to find a job, get a computer and internet for work. With internet as slow as mine is, I can't even load pages to fill out applications and have been using a TextNow number but can't use that either because of the slow speed of the internet. My partner and I were also harassed by one of the installers, as he handed me a Jesus pamphlet after he was finished and asked us if we had ever thought about where we would go after we died. Spectrum would not do anything about this harassment and we really wish we had a different option for internet, but unfortunately, they are the only carrier where we reside. We both need internet that we can actually connect and fill out applications for employment with. Otherwise we will just be further and further behind. Please let me know what kind of assistance we can receive.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have information on both internet and computer programs for you. Maybe you can get a free government internet service (or greatly reduced rates). As there are programs for workers and/or students. Find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ccess.html
Joaquin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:23 am I am looking for help in paying my internet bill and need a computer for work.
RoperFrancis

Post by RoperFrancis »

Hello, I was inquiring about possibly obtaining a free laptop and internet connection for my work. I was looking online for free laptops for low income families & you guys were an option. I'm a single mother of a 2 year old son & we just moved back to Jacksonville & are living in a transitional apartment at Saulzbacher Village. I am waiting for the daycare to have a spot open for my son but in the meantime I've been applying to work from home jobs, but I've found I would need a laptop for that reason. We moved here with nothing but our clothes & we're being blessed in many ways. But if this isn't something you all help with my apologies. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many options on our website. But with technology, do you really need a computer? Or will say a tablet work? Regardless, find resources here. Read about free tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
RoperFrancis wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:50 am Hello, I was inquiring about possibly obtaining a free laptop and internet connection for my work.