Set up my home as I am disabled

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Pitbull
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Set up my home as I am disabled

Post by Pitbull »

Dear Sir;
I am a disabled 56 year old, that falls between the cracks, simply because I'm not 60 years old and do not own my own home.
I need someone with a truck or van to volunteer their time and come to my apartment to measure for the ramp and help me set it up. Then take me to the Organization in Rockledge, FL. (Sorry I live in Titusville, Fl.) and get the ramp for which I have to sign for, then return to set up the ramp, which comes in 4, 5, and 6 feet lengths.
I do not know how to do this on my own and am unable to set it up even if the ramp would fit in my little car.
I have tried the other places, but they say I don't qualify for their programs, due to age and non-home ownership, or they simply do not answer my emails.
Please help me if you can, will look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Set up my home as I am disabled

Post by Admin »

You need an access ramp for your home? if so, there are home improvement programs for the disabled in Florida. Tell them which length you need (4-6 feet) and work with the agency to have it built.
Pitbull wrote:Dear Sir;
I am a disabled 56 year old, that falls between the cracks, simply because I'm not 60 years old and do not own my own home.
I need someone with a truck or van to volunteer their time and come to my apartment to measure for the ramp and help me set it up. Then take me to the Organization in Rockledge, FL. (Sorry I live in Titusville, Fl.) and get the ramp for which I have to sign for, then return to set up the ramp, which comes in 4, 5, and 6 feet lengths.
I do not know how to do this on my own and am unable to set it up even if the ramp would fit in my little car.
I have tried the other places, but they say I don't qualify for their programs, due to age and non-home ownership, or they simply do not answer my emails.
Please help me if you can, will look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
JennyMay12

Re: Set up my home as I am disabled

Post by JennyMay12 »

I’m a totally disabled woman who needs help finding someone who could widen my front door and build a ramp for my scooter. I need someone to help me set up my home. I live with a friend who provides all my in home care but lifting and getting my scooter out is killing her back. I wanted to know is there any organization that does these projects for free of service. I tried habitat for humanity, but they actually charge which shocked me and they wanted me to do labor which I’m incapable of doing or I would gladly do it in a heart beat.
I live in Cornelius Oregon and in a manufactured home with my friend. I'm living on very limited income SSDI and food stamps and are at poverty level guidelines. I'm happy here and other needs are met, it rains a lot here and I would consider it a blessing to get help with the door way enlarged and a ramp built in order so I could get outside to use my scooter and enjoy the sunny days we do have. Thank you for your time.
God Bless