Social security number stolen impacting ability pay bills

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Maxie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Social security number stolen impacting ability pay bills

Post by Maxie »

I am a 62-year-old woman that is transitioning from being homeless to just moving into my own apartment. After I moved in this past Saturday I realized I had not gotten the gas turned on, my landlord loaned me a couple of space heaters to get me through the weekend. I called Nicor today to get my service started for the first bill and was told that someone had used my name and social security number at an address and town that I have never lived. I was told I needed to file a police report for fraud in the town this occurred and stolen identity affidavit. I don't own a car, so it is not possible to go to the police department, I did call and explain my situation and I am waiting for a call back. I was told this process would take about 30 days to address my stolen social security number all of which I will be without heat and unable to cook. I am in desperate need of help. I do receive public assistance. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I love in Aurora, IL.
Karen

Re: Social security number stolen impacting ability pay bills

Post by Karen »

My name is Frances and I'm researching for some assistance in home repairs for my brother in law and my sister. They had their social security number stolen recently. My sister had a stroke about August 23rd. Any type of assistance they can qualify would be a great help. My sister is in therapy and my brother in law works and trying to take care of what needs to be done. She receives limited social security and have medical problems. I myself is limited to assist physically. I'm 70 years old and I am a care giver for my husband a former stroke patient. Hope to hear from you soon.
Maryannbernaz

Re: Social security number stolen impacting ability pay bills

Post by Maryannbernaz »

Good afternoon, my name is Elyneth Pérez and my social security number was stolen. I communicate by this means to find out if you can provide me with information to request your help, since I have a situation in which I have not been able to update my rent. Yesterday I received a court summons for May 7, 2022 for eviction for nonpayment of my rent and overdue utility bills. I will appreciate your attention. My first language is Spanish and I don't speak English, so I wrote to you here using the translator and I think someone stole my social security number in a scam. I am located in the state of North Carolina and its county is Davidson.