Transmission repair for our only car

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Shopper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Transmission repair for our only car

Post by Shopper »

Auto repair bill. We need the replacement of transmission, radiator, fluid, etc. & labor. We are family of 5, myself, husband, 3 minor children, one of which is disabled. This being only transportation we have way of husband getting/having employment. We are now left with having no income other than disabled child benefits. We have missed/missing all appointments for WIC, Doctor, Mental Health etc.
Please help me/my family through this crisis & financial hardship to get repair cost paid and transportation back. We can and are willing to pay back any amount of assistance received in helping get back on our feet having transportation in doing so. Thanks & May God Bless.
AmericanG

Re: Transmission repair for our only car

Post by AmericanG »

My children and I were victims of domestic violence at the hands of my husband and children's father. He abandoned us since December 2010. Since then we had been homeless, going form shelter to shelter, living in the woods at one point in time. My children and I have found transitional housing program for domestic violence victim in Georgia.
I am 40 years olds, starting over with two boys 6 and 4. My need is more of transportation. I had to sell my Mercury Villager in 2013 to survive when my husband left. Since then I have not been in a position to buy a car. I am on SSDI and have to very active boys, and I would like to go back to school. Thank you for your consideration.
Terence

Post by Terence »

I'm a 61 year old disable low income Veteran I'm seeking help with repair of the transmission for
A 2003 VW Jetta 1.8T. I've had estimates, but the cost I can't afford. I keep the car running good and take care of it. I'm a manager of a house with five veterans my age. This is the only car, I use it for appointments and give rides when needed. With my service related injury I can't get around without pain and can't stand or walk distance
I live in the city of Garden Grove CA. I've Emailed other Organization with no response? If you can help or give guidance that would help. I'm getting behind on things and running out of option.
Merkey

Post by Merkey »

We are having transmission issues and need them fixed ASAP. When we towed the vehicle to a tranny shop the total cost of repairs were close to $4,000. We are not low income but moderate but it is our only car. I just got a job and I take care of a disabled person and have twin boys who started kindergarten and this is our only vehicle. Do you know of anyone organization that may help with repair costs or give someone who already has two loans and bad credit a loan.
S_Berner

Post by S_Berner »

But my only car breaks and need to change the oil and the transmission oil and muffler it's broken.
I don't have the money to fix. And the car I use it to go. To my part time job and drive my kids at the school and their school is in Stamford. I didn't change their school cause they happy with their teacher and my job it's in new Rochelle and if I don't fix my only car transmission it I can't go to work.
My job doesn't pay much. I'm receiving help from the government welfare. I can't stay long in the shelter. I'm going to need another job to save up
To find a house cause I have applied for housing and no one has called.
Please help me.
I really need the car cause it takes me to work and my kids to school. Without the car can't go nowhere. Here at this shelter there isn't even busses that pass here. I don't have nothing near me.
Sarisk

Post by Sarisk »

My cars transmission went out in my car. I'm currently on SSDI for income so yes low income me and my wife just had a baby boy that needs a lot of care from hospitals. And I have no credit established to afford a new one. So I was curious if you could help me find some programs that could help me get my car fixed or finding a place that will accept my income for a new car. I'm live in Barry county Michigan and Kalamazoo Michigan surroundings. Please email me back; god bless you have good day.
JennyMay12

Post by JennyMay12 »

Hi! I’m emailing for my mother Dawn. She is really down on her luck right now... she has been offered a job with benefits working 40 hours a week at extended stay America by the airport in St. Louis Missouri. Her transmission on her only car has gone out in her car and sadly she lost her job. She worked 5-6days a week and when the transmission went out on the car it left her stranded.
If she could get help with her transmission. She would be ok to finally get her own place and be back on her feet as be my mom again. I don’t want this to be a pity party but she really needs the assistance and I was hoping you could put me through with the right people. It is her only car. I do appreciate everything and anything you can send my way.  Thank you so much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Anyone that has a transmission broken, you really need to consider the cost/benefits of repairing it vs. a new car. As it can cost tons of money to pay for that type of repair. However look here for a wide variety of charitable and government free car programs.
Heck even buying a new, "used" car may be better in the long run. Strongly consider your options.