Disabled & in need of help

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Butterfly1686
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disabled & in need of help

Post by Butterfly1686 »

My name is Vanessa I'm 24 years old and I've been in a wheelchair since I was 4. I am renting a house with my boyfriend/caretaker and up until recently we were just getting by. Our combined incomes were just enough to pay the important bills in full and parts of other to avoid shutoff. About 3 months ago he lost his job and at the end of the same month our house was broken into and my laptop (for college) along with my bank account # were stolen. Needless to say it was hard enough surviving on just my disability check of $674 then on top of it what little money I had was drained from fradulent charges. For the past three months I have been struggling severly with being able to pay all of my bills and taking care of the fraud mess. I am getting way behind on my gas and electric bills and am already recieving HEAP/PIPP assistance. I'm also at risk of not being able to pay any of the bills I have coming up this month or the next due to unexpected expenses additional to what I already have to pay. I have called around to local charities and churches and since it is around the holidays and they were low on funds to begin with, there is no help. I called welfare to find out about additional assistance such as DFA or any kind of cash assistance and they told me that I don't qualify because I recieve SSDI. Most government associated places I call give me that same reason - I dont know where they get that $674 a month is enough to live on. Also most other assistance I dont qualify for reasons such as (from what I'm told) I'm not a homeowner, I don't have any children, and I have my boyfriend/caretaker living with me. They even tried to cut off my medical benefits because of it! I live in Youngstown, Ohio and it is a highly poverty-stricken with low resources and where there are, they come and go so quickly. Any resources you could give me would be greatly appreciated. My email is mylittlebutterfly1686@yahoo.com
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled & in need of help

Post by Admin »

Yes, Ohio and the Youngstown area of the state have been hit hard by the recession and lose of jobs over the years. While it is a poverty area like you said, there may be a few options. Use think link for info on charities and organizations, as well as non-profits in the area.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
I know some resources in the area are provided by the Salvation Army of Youngstown phone 330-746-8403. The Help Hotline Crisis Center, Inc. 1-800-427-3606 is a number to dial that may be able to direct you to various government assistance programs and other options in the area. Good luck and take care.
Gekko 23

Post by Gekko 23 »

Hi, I am need of help with a tree removal. I have a very large tree that is rotted and is leaning towards mine and my neighbors house and I cannot afford to have it removed. I do not have home owners insurance and am afraid it will fall on my neighbors house and hurt them or their children. Please help. I am on SSDI disability due to cancer or I would try to take it down myself. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, not sure if disability focused agencies in Mississippi will help with tree removals. But you can ask, and find a listing of Mississippi disability programs. Now if they can't help, maybe try a church volunteer group or some other charity. Sometimes they can assist as well.
Gekko 23 wrote:Hi, I am need of help with a tree removal. I have a very large tree that is rotted and is leaning towards mine and my neighbors house and I cannot afford to have it removed. I do not have home owners insurance and am afraid it will fall on my neighbors house and hurt them or their children. Please help. I am on SSDI disability due to cancer or I would try to take it down myself. Thank you.
Perry

Post by Perry »

Hi! My name is Toni and I am disabled. I am 35 years old and I have 2 children aged 3 and 6. I live in Youngstown Ohio and am disabled. I came across this site on the app News Break. I'm a struggling single mom and below poverty and need help for my disability. I made 2000 for year 2019. I have no support. I just don’t get help, or that extra support to be able to get myself into a situation that doesn’t end in failure. My main problem with not being able to keep a job is no car. I have been wondering if there were any type of programs in Ohio for the disabled. Specifically, Youngstown where I am currently residing. If there is any way possible that you can point me into a direction of source's for support and programs I would greatly appreciate it! If you get to this email I just want to say thank you so very much for taking time out of urn day to read my email. I hope to hear from you soon! Have a blessed day!