Agencies have no funds for rent

Find how to get help with rent
Larry
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Agencies have no funds for rent

Post by Larry »

To who it may concern, My children and I are in desperate need of needing help with rent. I am looking very hard to find a job here in Jax Fl. I am a college student but still looking for employment. I am registered with our work source agency. I'm hoping something come through soon. In the time of waiting I'm facing almost being put out. Please help, and any rent agencies will be appreciated. Any information would be of great help. Ive tried to get through to local resources, but keep running into dead ends. They always say that all appointments have been filled, even though I start calling 15 minutes ahead of the lines opening. Thank you in advance for any information you can forward to me. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Agencies have no funds for rent

Post by Admin »

Here is information on Jacksonville and Duval County assistance programs. Some of your options can include the Northeast Florida Community Action Agency in Duval County, which has rent and eviction prevention programs. Phone (904) 398-7472. There is another listing of local non-profits and charity agencies in the area on this link as well. Keep calling, and great to hear you are in the job program.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Larry wrote:To who it may concern, My children and I are in desperate need of needing help with rent. I am looking very hard to find a job here in Jax Fl. I am a college student but still looking for employment. I am registered with our work source agency. I'm hoping something come through soon. In the time of waiting I'm facing almost being put out. Please help, and any rent agencies will be appreciated. Any information would be of great help. Ive tried to get through to local resources, but keep running into dead ends. They always say that all appointments have been filled, even though I start calling 15 minutes ahead of the lines opening. Thank you in advance for any information you can forward to me. Sincerely,
dab1

Post by dab1 »

i curently live in an apartment & it's infested with cockroachs.......my son asthma is constantly flaring up bcause of the bugs.........i presently work 75 hrs a week & has been employed for a litte under a year........ i was wondering if i would be qualifed to get some assistance from a charity or state funds or some other type of aid agency.. thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, I think you should talk to a non-profit law firm for pro bono legal help. Those are unacceptable living conditions, and your landlord can't allow that. Talk to an attorney for free legal advice. They should also be able to direct you to rent and housing assistance programs, and provide advice to you.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html
dab1 wrote:i curently live in an apartment & it's infested with cockroachs.......my son asthma is constantly flaring up bcause of the bugs.........i presently work 75 hrs a week & has been employed for a litte under a year........ i was wondering if i would be qualifed to get some assistance from a charity or state funds or some other type of aid agency.. thank you
Buddy

Post by Buddy »

I live in St Louis County,MO and it seems that the only agency listed is community action agency for the county residents Ive been calling for rental assistance for the last 3mths and still trying to get caught. They seem like they usually do not have funds that renters can use to get help from. But Im about to get evicted now and I need to know are there any federal resources or government programs I can try to use so I can keep my home?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several agencies and charities listed. Maybe you were looking in the wrong place. I have the community action agency phone number here, as well as numerous other phone numbers and information. For example, try these. Emergency Assistance Ministry of Saint Louis Missouri. (314) 831-0879
The Salvation Army of Saint Louis (314) 646-3000
These are places that can help you deal with housing and rent concerns. There are numerous other phone numbers and assistance programs listed here too.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Buddy wrote:I live in St Louis County,MO and it seems that the only agency listed is community action agency for the county residents Ive been calling for rental assistance for the last 3mths and still trying to get caught. They seem like they usually do not have funds that renters can use to get help from. But Im about to get evicted now and I need to know are there any federal resources or government programs I can try to use so I can keep my home?
jbeers1

Post by jbeers1 »

I am hoping that u can assist me. I went thru a very hard time in 2010 and was assisted by the Rapid relocation program that helped me with the security deposit for my new apartment and a few months rent. I found a better job and I was cut off from ALL RENTAL ASSISTANCE....COMPLETELY!!! I have a three year old daughter and do not receive child support. I am having such a hard time with rent. I asked the woman that was my contact from the United Way in my county (Ocean County, NJ)and she said there are no other programs out there that can help and no other agencies have money. According to my research, I fall in the LOW INCOME category of the Median Income guidelines for Ocean County, NJ. My salary before taxes is approximately 2300 per month...(still don't understand why they go by before tax income since u don't take that home) I don't receive ANY foodstamps or any other assistance.....I am only 23 yrs old and am ready to crack!! Isn't there anything that gradually weans u off rental assistance? Even a little would help!! I look forward to your response
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is an extensive listing of Ocean County New Jersey Programs. Yes, it is true that sometimes people do not have low enough income to qualify for help, but they do not make enough to make it by. You just need to keep calling different agencies and non-profits, ask for help, and go from there.
Ocean County Catholic Charities ((732) 363 - 5322) may have help or direct you to assistance programs in New Jersey
There are also several churches in the area, such as Saint Aloysius Church ((732) 370 - 0098) and more that may have aid.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/oce ... rogra.html
jbeers1 wrote:I am hoping that u can assist me. I went thru a very hard time in 2010 and was assisted by the Rapid relocation program that helped me with the security deposit for my new apartment and a few months rent. I found a better job and I was cut off from ALL RENTAL ASSISTANCE....COMPLETELY!!! I have a three year old daughter and do not receive child support. I am having such a hard time with rent. I asked the woman that was my contact from the United Way in my county (Ocean County, NJ)and she said there are no other programs out there that can help and no other agencies have money. According to my research, I fall in the LOW INCOME category of the Median Income guidelines for Ocean County, NJ. My salary before taxes is approximately 2300 per month...(still don't understand why they go by before tax income since u don't take that home) I don't receive ANY foodstamps or any other assistance.....I am only 23 yrs old and am ready to crack!! Isn't there anything that gradually weans u off rental assistance? Even a little would help!! I look forward to your response
Maf_red

Post by Maf_red »

I HAVE UNTIL JUNE 17th TO PAY $2,000 OF MY RENT OR WE'RE GETTING KICKED OUT. I HAVE TWO KIDS MYSELF AND A HUSBAND AND MOTHER . I HAD LOST MY JOB BACK IN FEBRUARY AND I WAS THE ONLY PERSON MAKING 40 PLUS HOURS MY MOTHER AND HUSBAND MAKE NO MORE THEN 15-20 HOURS A WEEK. EVERY JOB I'VE BEEN APPLYING FOR HASN'T RESPONDED AND I BELIEVE IT'S BECAUSE I'M FAR ALONG INTO MY PREGNANCY. PLEASE SOMEONE CALL ME. RESPOND ANYTHING PLEASE I REALLY REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. JUST THIS ONE TIME. I KNOW GOD IS GREAT AND I KNOW YOU WILL HELP. PLEASE IF IT WAS JUST ME AND MY HUSBAND I WOULDN'T CARE BUT MY KIDS. I'M JUST SO SCARED ...
Mushy

Post by Mushy »

I am in desperate need for rent assistance. I have had this apartment for the past year and a half. I have never been late or missed a payment until October. I paid part of October, and now I owe November. My landlord said she would allow me to stay if I paid October and November, if I promise to pay December by the end of the month. I tried to get a loan but I did not qualify due to because I am not employed. I was a student until May. I did part time work and that is how I paid my bills. I have three kids and I do not want to be kicked out. I tried for government assistance but due to the fact that my rent is higher than the limited amount for a two bedroom two bath, I do not qualify. Other assistance programs told me that they do not have enough funds or they are done with applications for this month. I do not have family or friends that can help. My landlord refuses to give an eviction letter because she said it is a long process. The assistance programs require a letter of eviction.
Lutz99

Post by Lutz99 »

I'm a single mom with health issues, now that I finally got Medicaid I can start working again. The problem in having it however is I'm behind on rent and if I don't get it to them in full they will start eviction on me. I own my trailer but rent the lot. If I lose this place then I and my two girls will have no other place to go. If there is any help you or others you know of can provide us and could direct me through the process that would be great! Thank you in advance for any information you have for me and your time.
Copper

Post by Copper »

I am a part time college student enrolled at Del Mar College, and I am currently living with my older sister, who is also a part time college student, and we are staying at a trailer home in corpus Christi. Though I was looking for information on help for paying for rent from local agencies, I am afraid that we won't be able to meet the monthly payments while in school. I do currently work, but it won't be enough to support both of us. It seems like funds are hard to get from agencies.
Leadingup

Post by Leadingup »

Hello, my name is Durdaana Amatullah-Mani and I thank whomever took the time to read this. I really need help and I’m scared that me, my fiancé and his 2 kids are going to lose our apartment It seems like no agencies have funding to help us with rent.
I don’t know what to do. My fiancé & I have been trying everything to get ahead on what we owe for rent from last month and this month. My fiancé and I owe $1,919 for our 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment in Willoughby, OH (I have a print out). His 2 kids are with us full time because their mom passed away. My fiancé and I have been having trouble with paying our rent due to him breaking his thumb at work a few months ago (he is now clear to go to work and has been working before Thanksgiving. Also before he broke his thumb we were able to stay on top of the rent) . He was then getting paid by the government where he had to wait to receive it via mail.. which caused us to become late on paying rent. We let the property manager get copies of his write ups from the hospital to inform them why we been late on the rent.
As of last month, my fiancé was cleared to go back to work as a wielder but he been in the hole with one check and we had bad weather here in Cleveland, Ohio that caused his job to close & that alone cut into his checks. Fast forward, my fiancé & I land new jobs with guaranteed hours & yet again we’ll both be in the hole a paycheck because we’re starting this week. We need an agency with funds left for our rent
We’re finally about to get ourselves back on our feet and all I’m praying for is some possible help on what we owe because the property manager is going to start the eviction process soon. PLEASE, point me in the right direction for some assistance. I don’t want us to lose our apartment and hopefully some agencies can help us I appreciate whomever took the time to read all of this.
Sincerely,