Single mom needs help

Find how to get help with rent
meand3
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Single mom needs help

Post by meand3 »

I'm a single mom of 3 living on long island NY, can anyone tell me where and what I can do to get temp. rent assistance or help with a sec. deposit for an apt. and help with food, Social services turned me down said I get to much $ in child support. Im a full time student and need some temporary financial help what can I do? Isn't there any program that can help so I can get back on my feet. Dont know where else to turn to. Just recently divorced and having a really hard time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single mom needs help

Post by Admin »

What county or town on Long Island? New York has numerous charities and community action agencies that may be able to help you. Find out more information here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
They cover Suffolk, Nassau, and other parts of Long Island such as Queens New York.
meand3 wrote:I'm a single mom of 3 living on long island NY, can anyone tell me where and what I can do to get temp. rent assistance or help with a sec. deposit for an apt. and help with food, Social services turned me down said I get to much $ in child support. Im a full time student and need some temporary financial help what can I do? Isn't there any program that can help so I can get back on my feet. Dont know where else to turn to. Just recently divorced and having a really hard time.
RonnieSmith

Post by RonnieSmith »

I am a mother of three small children. We are currently staying with a grandparent in Missouri, but can not stay here long. I have no job or money or family that I can go to for help. I have tried United Way but the resources I have received from them have not helped me in any way. I don't know what else to do. I need housing for my family and work to provide for them. If there are any other suggestions please send any and all details. Please, I need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Off of this page, which lists most Missouri assistance programs, you will be able to find resources for low income housing, help for bills, and other resources, all in addition to the United Way. It is good that you though of the United Way in Missouri, but that is not your only option.
RonnieSmith wrote:I am a mother of three small children. We are currently staying with a grandparent in Missouri, but can not stay here long. I have no job or money or family that I can go to for help. I have tried United Way but the resources I have received from them have not helped me in any way. I don't know what else to do. I need housing for my family and work to provide for them. If there are any other suggestions please send any and all details. Please, I need help.
Watson

Post by Watson »

Hi I am currently trying to find a place to stay in Plano Texas. I have two children 6 years old and 2 years old. I am expecting another child October 15. I need help affording the deposit for my electric to move in to a trailer i found. Currently me and my two children are sleeping on a couch at a friends house. I have been saving money to get my own place before the baby arrives. Except i do not have enough to afford the electric deposit. Please contact me. Thank You.
Manis

Post by Manis »

I'm single mother with three kids in Fairfax Virginia. I was at risk of eviction & Landlord has told me if I don’t pay $500.00 a week I, along with my kids face being homeless. Do to this our water has been shut off, & I have received notice that my power will be next. The rent alone with the back rent I owed takes nearly all my pay check make it nearly impossible to buy any food much other household needs, less gas to get to work. I'm not looking for a handout; I just need a little help to make it over this hump. I don’t qualify for public assistance so I've been told. Any help or information would be great!
Tolbert

Post by Tolbert »

I have a 4 year old and 6 day old son I'm on maternity leave and my boyfriend has no job. We have an eviction notice for 885.00. I don't know what to do I've always worked I don't wanna be homeless so please I'm begging for help. I've always work to take care of my babies on my own but right now I'm scared and crying my eyes out please help me.
Skyv

Post by Skyv »

I am a mom of 3 girls 5,4, and 2 years old. We are in need of a little help never done this before so I am asking if anyone can help. My rent is due on the 26th of this month and I am only working two days a week and I don't have it to pay it and I am asking if anyone or if a lot of people can come up with $200 dollars on Wednesday the 26th. It would main a lot to my girls and I. So if you can help please send what you can to me or email me. Please if you this is so urgent.
Vick

Post by Vick »

Hello, I am looking for assistance paying my Southwest gas bill and rent. I have been trying to get help through the few organizations around my area but no one has funds or they do not answer their phones. Do you know where I can get help? My husband and I are currently looking for employment and also participating in the welfare to works program. We have a 6 year old son, A 18 year old son, and 24 year old son. My husband’s handicapped senior citizen mother, me and my husband in the home. If you know where we can get help PLEASE contact me. Thank you so much.
Chavez1

Post by Chavez1 »

I was recently a victim of domestic assault as a result of this I have nowhere to go. I am currently staying at my mother’s house In Illinois but there is no room for me or my son here and my daughter will be here any day now. As I am currently 38 weeks pregnant. I just need help getting into a place of my own. I am currently unemployed right now so this is making things a lot harder. I just need a little help right now anything would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you live in the Illinois region? And Champaign in particular? If so, then here are some housing programs, social services, and something called tenant based rent assistance. This resource may be able to help you.
http://www.ccrpc.org/socialservices/era.php
AnnaCorran

Post by AnnaCorran »

I am a single mother of 3 children. I have been out of work since October and I am trying to find work. In the past few months my father has been helping me with my bills. However he can no longer afford to do so. I am looking for assistance in paying my electric and my rent for this month as well as help in job placement. I am a current graduate of Lincoln College and in November of 2012 received my associate’s degree in medical assisting but have yet to find a job in my field.
charlesSch

Post by charlesSch »

I live in Missouri and I lost my job in December. I've been disqualified for unemployment but have filed a request for a hearing which is scheduled for Thursday. I have no money coming in what so ever and my rent is in arrears by $2000. I need information on any resources’ you have for rental assistance so we're not evicted. We have no family to go to for help so I'm asked the state of Missouri for help so my family doesn’t end up on the street. I'm not married (so single) and have a 12 year old son. Can you help me or guide me on which way to turn?
JoseR1

Post by JoseR1 »

I am trying to find my disabled sister any assistance that I can with her past due rent. She owes her landlord 500.00 for rent and will be evicted next week if she does not come up with it. My sisters 27 year old son died in a car wreck in March and the very little money my sister had, has been used paying for rides, funeral exp, and now she is due for eviction. If there is any help that you could offer to her please call and I will get her the message. She lives in Syracuse NY.
Thomas2

Post by Thomas2 »

I am a single mother of one small child living in a homeless shelter in Conroe, Texas. I was able to find full time employment over three weeks ago and is finding it difficult to find any resources here. Is there any federal or any government rental assistance programs in this area? Thanks IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME IN THIS MATTER.