California rental programs

Find how to get help with rent
Bobbie13
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: California rental programs

Post by Bobbie13 »

I currently reside in Los Angeles, California 90031. I am a single mother of four, ages 14, 13, 10 & 9. Two girls & 2 boys. It is going on about 6 years now that the father of my kids has been deceased. It's been nothing but financial struggles ever since for me. I lost my car and now I need to move. I've tried to maintain a stable home for my kids as well as to have a stable school for them. I was able to find a new place for us... I gave a partial deposit down so that I was guaranteed the apartment. Now all I need is a miracle to be able to complete 1st & last month rent to move into this place. I have been trying to make money but I'm still short. I have till the 27 of this month to move from my current place to my new place. So if somehow you can help me out I would very much so appreciate it. 1st month $1000 + $500 total I need is 1500. I already gave $500 down to hold the apartment. I pray in the name of Jesus that I somehow make this work or I will have to let my kids know I fail them. Thank you.
Daleliah

Post by Daleliah »

I'm a caregiver and am work for In-Home Supportive Services. My mother has multiple health issues including both physical and mental. She used to receive section 8 prior to moving to having to relocate Los Angeles. We tried to have her voucher transferred and where told we couldn't this was in 2006. We have been on the waiting list since 2007. We are a low income family and as I said my mother is disabled. We need rental assistance help.
ShannonW

Post by ShannonW »

I was diagnosed in July 2013 with a heart condition. I was placed on disability and at the same time my job terminated me. I have worked my entire life and I am eligible to receive disability benefits, but still haven’t received anything from the state of California. I continuously call EDD disability and even sit in their office for at least five hours with no results. In the mean time my family and I are suffering. I have three teenage children who depend on me and I haven’t received any type of income since July 8, 2013. I haven’t paid my rent going on three months and have shut off notices on all bills. Please guide me to someone who will help us in our time of need. Thank you. Have a blessed day!
Papen

Post by Papen »

My mother is 65 years old and has Custody of her 5 year old grandson. She is in the middle of the eviction presses and is about to become homeless. They live in Reseda California. She also had food stamps but loss them last month. She now has been going to food banks but they still go hungry too often. They need help A.S.A.P. Please give me any info you can that can help them before it is too late. Thank you :~)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is some emergency eviction prevention services in Los Angeles, and they can also help people with a mental condition too. While we are not sure if they will transfer an existing voucher, you can try. The program is known as EAPE, and it offers financial aid for rent to stop eviction and other aid. Read Los Angeles eviction prevention from EAPE.
MsMerry

Post by MsMerry »

I need help with paying my deposit and first months rent in California. I sleep on my cousin couch. She is giving me thirty days to find me a place to stay.
I've been looking a ran across a few things but didn't have any money saved up for deposit nor first month's rent (I was jobless). I now found me a job that I've been on for almost 2 months now and I've been saving but I only have enough to pay for my utilities, so if I can just get help with that I'll keep everything up on my bills. I really need this.
KellyAnn

Post by KellyAnn »

Hello,
My name is Barbara Johnson, I'm a resident of Contra Costa County, Richmond, CA to be exact... I need assistance on pay past due rent due to the covid 19 pandemic and I had a water pipe burst in my apartment which was another down fall.
I would like to inquire if you all provide rental assistance or programs in California? I'm behind a month and a half of back rent. I'm grateful I was able to pay the full amount for the month of November 2021... I'm trying to figure out how to catch up and pay the past due amount I current owe.
I hope to hear from someone soon,
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Hello
I have a question for rent help in California.
My aunt suddenly became a Widow. My uncle passed away on March 22. He was the main provider for the house.
They have a son which is 13 year old.
They pay $2,800 in rent in Castro Valley California.
My aunt will no be able to afford to live at this location anymore.
She had to pay rent for April and she can't afford it. Can you please let me know what is the fastest route for her to get rent assistance?
She only makes about 2,000 before taxes x month.
Her address is: Castro Valley Ca, 94546.
Her name is Julia and she is also disabled. Her phone number is:
I'm sending this email on her behalf and you can free to contact me as well.
My name is Ada Nunez. I'm her niece.
Julia Bonilla has been copied on this email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are lots of requests here. We have many CA rental programs listed, ranging from deposit to emergency help. You can find them on our main site here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Yousef

Post by Yousef »

Hi, my name is Leyla and I currently live in Anaheim, California. I'm in dire need of rental assistance, but I can't find an organization or charity that helps with my city. I have called over 30 places, including 211 and I just hit a wall. I live alone in a apartment in Anaheim and I'm unable to pay my rent. I injured my neck and back in a car accident, so I'm also having trouble finding a job I can physically do. I applied for disability but I haven't gotten an update on that yet.
My lease is up in June and if I resign my lease, they will be increasing my rent by $110 (I currently pay $1,505). My parents were helping pay my rent and bills for the past 2 months but they can no longer financially afford it as neither of them work anymore. I've taken all the steps to look up and call resources to help me out but the only response I get is that they don't have rental assistance programs for my area and they only serve South OC. I also have a student loan to pay, so I can't afford to go back to school until that's paid. This is the first time I'm asking for help. Can you help me with rental assistance in California? Can you guide me to someone that can help? Sorry for the long message, I'm exhausted and desperate for help. Luckily I qualified for EBT, so at least I have that covered.
TBaldwin

Post by TBaldwin »

Hi, my name is Leyla and I currently live in Anaheim, California. I'm in dire need of rental assistance, but I can't find an organization or charity that helps with my city. I have called over 30 places, including 211 and I just hit a wall. I live alone in an apartment in Anaheim and I'm unable to pay my rent.
I injured my neck and back in a car accident, so I'm also having trouble finding a job I can physically do. I applied for disability but I haven't gotten an update on that yet. My lease is up in June and if I resign my lease, they will be increasing my rent by $110 (I currently pay $1,505). My parents were helping pay my rent and bills for the past 2 months but they can no longer financially afford it as neither of them work anymore.
I've taken all the steps to look up and call resources in California to help me out with rent but the only response I get is that they don't have rental assistance programs for my area and they only serve South OC. I also have a student loan to pay, so I can't afford to go back to school until that's paid. This is the first time I'm asking for help. Can you help? Can you guide me to someone that can help? Sorry for the long message, I'm exhausted and desperate for help. Luckily I qualified for EBT, so at least I have that covered.
Mack Knight

Post by Mack Knight »

To whom it may concern:
My name is Heather. I am currently residing in Orange county, California and am in desperate need for resources for housing and any urge financial type of rental assistance is available for California residents residing in Southern California. I am willing to relocate for more promising assistance and opportunities. I do have a job here in Orange county.
I also saw a section about advertising for....assistance*? How does that work? I'm open to anything that generates income or links to assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Heather,
There are many agencies in Orange county CA you can try for rent and housing assistance. Now each organization will of course have different funding and application processes, but you can look for them and apply here for rent payment help in Orange County. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... progr.html
Mack Knight wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm To whom it may concern:
My name is Heather. I am currently residing in Orange county, California and am in desperate need for resources for housing and any urge financial type of rental assistance is available for California residents residing in Southern California.