I Need rent help

Find how to get help with rent
NikiMin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I Need rent help

Post by NikiMin »

In the last 4 months I have lost my Mother, my house was foreclosed on and my car died on me. I have no family here and suffer with major depression. Most of my money has been exhausted staying in motels until I couldn't afford it anymore because of the Masters Golf prices. I do receive SSI and am now homeless. I would appreciate any help you could extend. A good Samaritan took me in but I have to vacate this week due to their family dynamics. I have found a place but do not have enough for the deposit and the rent. Thank you for your immediate response and assistance in a desperate situation. God Bless.
Putin

Post by Putin »

Hello,
I live in Pima County Arizona. I am a 45 year old man with 3 dogs. I am permanently disabled and receive $1140 per month from SSDI. I rented a 2 bedroom mobile home 2 1/2 years ago. My mother lived with me when she passed. I have tried to pay my $575 per month rent but it has been too much for me. I have had to sell most everything I own to help pay my rent. I don't have anything of value left. I have never been one day late on my rent. Because I have a felony on my record and 3 dogs, people will not give me a chance. I am not on probation. I was reading that section 8 or HUD will not help me because of this. I am very responsible and pay my bills on time. Always.
I am at the point where I don't know where to go for help with lower cost rent. In about a month I will be in financial trouble if I don't find a lower cost home. I do not drink, use illegal drugs or smoke. I am very quiet and a good neighbor. My medical bills (prescriptions) cost about $120 per month plus some doctors, there is a $35 copay and because I do not qualify for AHCCCS. I do not get free medical care. I take 26 pills everyday. I have never been homeless but I have a real fear that this will happen.
Is there anything you have that can help me? I don't care where I live. I just need a place that has lower rent. I looked on craigslist and have called many places. My disabilities are problems with diabetes, C.O.P.D. and depression. I'm asking you to please help me in any way you can. I want to pay my way and not look each month for help. I truly am responsible and can prove it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are correct. Very few landlords will rent to someone with dogs, and the housing in Pima County for ex-felons is even more restrictive. Those are two huge barriers to overcome. As far as financial help for the rent, first you need to find a place to live. Did you ask your probation officer? Often they have suggestions on rent and housing. But find othrer resources in Pima County here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Mandiandfamily

Post by Mandiandfamily »

Emergency renal assistance. We are 2 single mom's trying to help one another out. We live in a very small 2 bedroom apartment with 5 kids. One has 4 children and I have 1 myself.
Recently my ex-boyfriends smashed me over the head with a hot coffee pot, slashed my arm with knife, buried me all over my body, punched me in the face. It made me broke a tooth.
He did this in front of my niece. I’m having sever panic attacks on top of having Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis. He then locked her at one point in a storage unit for over 3 hours and we did not know he had done so. He sexually assaulted my daughter 2 times.
Between all the trauma and healing our landlords don't care and we owe them the rest of June' rent by this Tuesday for $320. Plus they want us out by the end of August.
My roommate talked to the police because he violates the no contact order and stuck's my every move. I was told by the police call any time he violates it and by the end of July we may be homeless for something we did not do. We have tried to reach out everywhere we can think of the are praying GOD is watching over us and sends us a Lil Guardian Angel to help us in this time of need.