I Need rent help

Find how to get help with rent
MelisaAt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: I Need rent help

Post by MelisaAt »

I need help with a security deposit and rent. I am a 21 year old who goes to school and works two jobs. I am living on a friends couch. I really need assistance because I have to move by July 1. I have found a place and I have to pay 1200 to move in for that deposit and rent month number one. Thank you for your consideration.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Do you look into any housing agencies in your town or state? They may be able to offer you section 8 housing vouchers. Or if the waiting list is too long then they should be able to refer you to programs to help pay the security deposit and/or first months rent. Here is more details on section 8, as well as a listing of the agencies that provide the help in each state. More on section 8 housing

MelisaAt wrote:I need help with a security deposit and rent. I am a 21 year old who goes to school and works two jobs. I am living on a friends couch. I really need
assistance because I have to move by July 1. I have found a place and I have to pay 1200 to move in for that deposit and rent month number one. Thank you for your consideration.
Steveo12

Post by Steveo12 »

I need help, working full-time and attending college full-time is easier said than done. I'm 24 years old and trying to maintain my mother's apartment together as she is sick with thyroid cancer and unemployed and my sister is away at college. I am providing for the rent of two homes, bills, and other necessary expenses. I feel horrible denying the great things my sister deserves, I didn't get to go away to school by choice and knowing my mom would be alone never sat well with me.To make matters worse, I just found out my insurance won't cover the emergency work needed for my teeth. Life is getting harder and harder. I never saw this coming.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rent assistance in Pennsylvania

Post by Admin »

Here are places you can call for rent and housing help in Monroe County Pennsylvania. On the main site we also have details on free legal aid, so that way if it turns out you need to go to court at least you can have some legal advice too. Call non-profits in your area like the Stroudsburg and Monroe County Salvation Army at (570) 421-3050, and use the main site, in particiular links on left margin, to find dozens of other assistance programs, legal support, and housing aid.
cimm41 wrote:please if anyone can help me, my name is michael i live in tobyhanna
pa, and my landlord is taking me to court for
unpaid rent, i am unemployed due to a accident, which has
cost me in late payment if u can find it
in your heart to help me in any which way possible
i really appreciate it.
NYJets

Post by NYJets »

We need help getting caught up are rent in Palm Beach Florida. It isnt paid for sept we are on a payment plan for electric. Also the water is 2 months past due and disconnect was set for sept 13th. The garbage bill is past due we have two vehicles but one has been unusable for months only one of us is working making 10.dollars an hour 30 -33 hours a week. Please help with rent as we are facing terrible hardships
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are our resources and programs for Pam Beach Florida. There are some links from this to rent specific programs and services too. Water being turned off my be difficult, but more aid is offered for utilities and/or rent expenses in the region. Call the leading non-profit known as Community Action Program at 561-355-4700. Another place that help people of all backgrounds is the Urban League of Palm Beach County, Inc., can help stop and/or prevent evictions with information and maybe financial support.
NYJets wrote:We need help getting caught up are rent in Palm Beach Florida. It isnt paid for sept we are on a payment plan for electric. Also the water is 2 months past due and disconnect was set for sept 13th. The garbage bill is past due we have two vehicles but one has been unusable for months only one of us is working making 10.dollars an hour 30 -33 hours a week. Please help with rent as we are facing terrible hardships
Jennifers

Post by Jennifers »

I am looking to see if I can qualify for some type of rental assistance. I am a full-time employee at the Syracuse Children Hospital but since 6/11 I have been restricted due to a medical condition for which I am still being treated. My limitations allow me to work only 6 hours/day every other day. This has put an undue financial strain on me and I cannot afford to keep up with my rent. I would appreciate any information that you can provide me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several organizations to call for rent help in Syracuse NY as well as Onondaga County. If you are working and have unexpected medical condition, that will usually help in the application process, as most organizations are not charity programs. Find a listing of the syracuse rent assistance programs and agencies to call. Places like the Catholic Charities of Syracuse 315-475-3807 or the Onondaga County Community Development Division (315) 435-3558 are two of the best options for anyone.
Jennifers wrote:I am looking to see if I can qualify for some type of rental assistance. I am a full-time employee at the Syracuse Children Hospital but since 6/11 I have been restricted due to a medical condition for which I am still being treated. My limitations allow me to work only 6 hours/day every other day. This has put an undue financial strain on me and I cannot afford to keep up with my rent. I would appreciate any information that you can provide me.
Fordlover

Post by Fordlover »

I am currently in need of help with rent and gas/electric bills. I have contacted every available resource in my community and have not been able to get any help. I am working at labor ready, when they have work for 7.50/hr and still am unable to pay all my bills. I don't know who else to contact or what else to do, so far my landlord has been reasonable and has allowed me to make small payments when I have the money. Please help! I am a single mother with two children. Ages 10,and 7. i do not receive child support or cash assistance. I moved my family and I two months ago from the bootheel of Mo., to Springfield Mo. i am working a full time job at Holiday Inn and just got my second job at AT&T. I am asking for help to pay my rent and/or electric bill. Please contact me at my email or I can be reached. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that you are getting a second job, trying your best to get ahead and pay your bills, expenses, and take care of yourself and family. If you do need some rent and housing help, try finding information on help in Missouri and find a listing of programs, agencies, and charities to call. Springfield is listed midway down as well for information on financial assistance programs too.
Fordlover wrote:I am currently in need of help with rent and gas/electric bills. I have contacted every available resource in my community and have not been able to get any help. I am working at labor ready, when they have work for 7.50/hr and still am unable to pay all my bills. I don't know who else to contact or what else to do, so far my landlord has been reasonable and has allowed me to make small payments when I have the money. Please help! I am a single mother with two children. Ages 10,and 7. i do not receive child support or cash assistance. I moved my family and I two months ago from the bootheel of Mo., to Springfield Mo. i am working a full time job at Holiday Inn and just got my second job at AT&T. I am asking for help to pay my rent and/or electric bill. Please contact me at my email or I can be reached. Thank you.
H&M99

Post by H&M99 »

We live in Clarksburg, Missouri and we both lost our job and we are in need of help with our rent so we don't get evicted and help with our water so it can get turned on. we have 3 kids and one of the kids is pregnant and we don't want lose our home and need water turned on so it would be a big help if we could get assistance with this..... thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For rent and water bills, call a local community action agency for help, grants, or advice. They are a great resource to call. Find a listing of Missouri assistance programs and agencies to call, and select your county/city of Clarksburg from midway down the page.
H&M99 wrote:We live in Clarksburg, Missouri and we both lost our job and we are in need of help with our rent so we don't get evicted and help with our water so it can get turned on. we have 3 kids and one of the kids is pregnant and we don't want lose our home and need water turned on so it would be a big help if we could get assistance with this..... thank you
National Jim

Post by National Jim »

Requesting rental (monetary) assistance to pay our landlord back rent - we owe May 2012 and now June 2012 rent ($400) a month; my husband's unemployment exhausted; I was laid off my part time reporter position at the local newspaper due to a combining of 2 offices and downsized on 5/9/2012. Am now receiving my unemployment benefits but it put us a month behind in paying our rent when I was laid off. It took about a month to start receiving my unemployment benefits. We did apply for food assistance and approved. Our most urgent need is assistance with one month of back rent. ($400). Do not see El Paso ,Texas Salvation Army listed. We have rented at our current address in El Paso 4 years now, is $400 a month for our rent - we want to keep it as it is low rent for us and we are not on any government assistance to pay our rent - can pay it with my unemployment going forward. Our landlord is willing to work with us. If any help can be sent we would want it sent directly to our landlord for our rent payment. We are in our 50's, married, no children at home so OWF will not help us as they only assist when clients are working and if they have small children. Did get us on the PIPPS Plus program to lower our DP&L and Vectren Gas bill when laid off, according to income loss - the back rent is our most urgent need, of $400 to our landlord. Do you have assistance for back rent to help person's laid off work maintain their housing? with rent. Thank you for your help.
BrianRed

Post by BrianRed »

I need help paying my rent. I am currently unemployed, and my unemployment won’t be effective until July 2013. If I don’t pay it I can be evicted Friday June 15, 2013. I need help please. I have nowhere to go. I will be completely homeless. I ask for your help and assistance. I am currently looking for a job, and going on multiple interviews. I am so used to working. I just need help immediately. Please.
Helen

Post by Helen »

Hi, I have been laid off for two months and spent all my tax returns on bills. I just got a new job but I will not get paid in time to make my payment for rent in the next week. I really would appreciate if you could help me find an assistance program to help for just this one month. Thank you and any help would be so graciously appreciated.