Rent due in Florida

Find how to get help with rent
JamesGag
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent due in Florida

Post by JamesGag »

Recently separated and renting a room. My community is a seasonal one here in Florida and it is very hard to find work. I have one job but only getting around 12 hours per week. I have applied EVERYWHERE in the area and no one is hiring for another month or two. I may become homeless in mid July. Desperately need help!
JBerman

Post by JBerman »

Me and my son were evicted in February 28,2014 from Brevard County. We had no where to go, the little money we have was used for us to stay in a motel, but our money is running out. We have looked at some house for rent but don’t have enough to pay to move in. We have our stuff in storage that needs to be paid soon, transfer our utilities that got cut off. I am diabetic and have to eat the right foods but with out a place its hard. My son works and has to support his daughter, but he doesn’t make enough. I get GR. Please help us.
Booker

Post by Booker »

My rent is due May 1st. About 3 weeks ago my boyfriend lost his job and I have been the only one supporting us. I live in Winter Haven and work in Casselberry, Florida so I spend over $100 in gas a week, but I cannot find a job in Winter Haven.
I live in a 4 bedroom duplex right now with myself, my boyfriend and my daughter. Our rent is $700 a month, our electric is about $80 and water about $80 a month. I also make car payments in order for me to get to Casselberry to work which is $280 a month, and car insurance which is $192 a month. Our car insurance is due the 1st as well and that is going to be canceled because I cannot pay it.
We also have my daughters daycare cost too which is $110 a week. As you can tell all these bills add up to a lot a month. When my boyfriend was working we were barely able to make ends meet and now that he isn't working I am freaking out. I make about $300 a week at work, minus gas for the week it leaves me about $200 bucks for daycare and trying to save for rent. It just cannot happen.
I have been through a lot in my life, pretty much when my son was born I was a single mother even though his father was there. It was an abusive relationship and when I finally got out of it I had to move back with my parents. Me and my current boyfriend have only had this place since March and we are already behind and most likely about to get evicted if we cannot come up with the $700 for rent. I am determined to make it on my own, my daughter needs to have a stable environment to live in and I have that. I am so scared that rent isn't going to get paid and I am going to be out of a place to live. I am 29 years old trying to keep my life straight and doing everything I can, but it just isn't enough. I just moved to Winter Haven so I don't know where to go to get help or who to ask. Please can someone help me!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you get general relief in Brevard County, then call the social service agency you applied to for GR. Ask them about rental assistance. Also, if you paid your money to stay in a motel, then that was not the best idea. Now you probably do not have any cash when it would have been much better to save your money for a deposit. So that lack of poor budgeting skills will make it more difficult for an agency to help you. But locate options in your area, and read more rent help in Brevard County.
Maxie Mueller

Post by Maxie Mueller »

Hello, I reside in the state of Florida, city of Jacksonville. I am a single mom of an 4 month old baby boy. I recently lost my unemployment and am currently actively looking for a job but haven't found one has yet. I just received for an notice for eviction from my landlord but he gave me a little time to get some help. I was told I could possible get some help from your organization.
Please, I am asking if I could get some help for my son and I and if your organization isn't able to help us is there anyone else who would be able to help us. I really don't want to have to move out because I don't have any where else to go.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not an organization that provides rent help. We offer referrals and information. There are agencies in Jacksonville Florida that can be turned too for support. But the landlord gave you a little time you said....he doesn't need to give you any. Any time longer than what the laws require is a bonus and the landlord has no obligation to do that. So try these organizations for rental assistance in Jacksonville
Maxie Mueller wrote:Hello, I reside in the state of Florida, city of Jacksonville. I am a single mom of an 4 month old baby boy. I recently lost my unemployment and am currently actively looking for a job but haven't found one has yet. I just received for an notice for eviction from my landlord but he gave me a little time to get some help. I was told I could possible get some help from your organization.
LisaDurmant

Post by LisaDurmant »

Hello, I reside in the state of Florida city of Jacksonville. I am a single mom of an 4 month old baby boy. And I recently lost my unemployment and I am currently actively looking for an job but haven't found one has yet. I just received an notice for eviction from my landlord but he gave me a little time to get some help.
I was told I could possible get some help from your organization. Please am asking if I could get some help for my son and I and if your organization isn't able to help us is there anyone else who would be able to help us? I really don't want to have to move out cause I don't have any where else to go.
Pink

Post by Pink »

Hello,
I am seeking information on how to get government help/section 8 or whichever program I may qualify for.
I am 35 years old and I live in Pembroke Pines, Broward, Florida.  I have been on SSI for about a year due to my health condition.
Please assist me in finding information or offices I can apply to for rent help from section 8.
Schaub

Post by Schaub »

Good morning,
I'm need help with rental assistance and I'm running into dead ends. I live in Cape Coral, FL. Our lease at my present address expired 08/31/2022. We have an extension of a lease already until 12/31/2022 - we are not able to extend any longer. The house was sold and the new landlord that has family moving in.
We have a new rental property that we seen and the landlord wants to rent to us but we don't have enough for the deposit, first month and last month. I've called every organization, federal department, state department and local department with no luck. I'm wondering if your department helps or can help send me in the right direction of who can help. We will be losing the roof over our head on 12/31/22.
I was in the travel industry for 35 years and it's now gone. I was making $65,000.00 a year in Florida and now am making $275.00 a week, this I need rent help. I never asked for or received assistance in my life. I started working at the age of 13 delivering newspapers and never stopped until I became unemployed as of 03/13/2022.
Please help or help me find assistance. Thank you!