In Between Jobs, but I need with Rent and a fresh start

Find how to get help with rent
rhmedia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

In Between Jobs, but I need with Rent and a fresh start

Post by rhmedia »

Hello, i am a single woman in my mid twenties living in East Charlotte, NC. I just recently been terminated from my job due to Medical reasons and fighting for unemployment benefits, but I need to find assistance in paying my bills, primarily my rent. I have tried contacting the Victory Christian Center, Goodfellas, Catholic Charities, but none are available. My last hope is the Crisis Assistance ministries, but I have to wait to receive my court papers in order to qualify as a crisis. i am currently in the process of working from home as a customer service rep but I will not see anything until mid August. I also help people in saving money if they are looking for telephone, tv, or internet services and of course actively trying to help others on other financial assistance forums. I am not giving up here because my dream has always been to acheive success from home while trying to help other. If there are any suggestions on how to get help in my area please let me know

Thanks and God bless
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: In Between Jobs, but I need with Rent and a fresh start

Post by Admin »

You can find information on both Mecklenburg and Charlotte NC programs and organizations using the link here. Sounds like you did most of what you can do and called who you can. Maybe a couple other options and agencies include the Charlotte Area Fund (704) 372-3010. I think they even help people find jobs and provide other financial assistance. also try the Matthews Help Center and Thrift Store (704) 847-8383 which is based in Charlotte. They defintely offer a financial assistance program for bills. Also ask these various agencies for suggesstions on who to call.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
rhmedia wrote:Hello, i am a single woman in my mid twenties living in East Charlotte, NC. I just recently been terminated from my job due to Medical reasons and fighting for unemployment benefits, but I need to find assistance in paying my bills, primarily my rent. I have tried contacting the Victory Christian Center, Goodfellas, Catholic Charities, but none are available. My last hope is the Crisis Assistance ministries, but I have to wait to receive my court papers in order to qualify as a crisis. i am currently in the process of working from home as a customer service rep but I will not see anything until mid August. I also help people in saving money if they are looking for telephone, tv, or internet services and of course actively trying to help others on other financial assistance forums. I am not giving up here because my dream has always been to acheive success from home while trying to help other. If there are any suggestions on how to get help in my area please let me know

Thanks and God bless
Kerr

Post by Kerr »

Florida

I just got full custody of my brother and I just started a new job so I have not worked in a month due to having to train for my new job. Now my first paycheck is being held for one month and I have no money to pay for my rent or other bills. I thank you so much for all you do and thank you for your time....
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is info on Florida assistance programs, including how to get help paying rent and other forms of housing expenses. Many agencies and non-profits are in place. There is a list of counties and Florida cities hare as well.
Kerr wrote:Florida

I just got full custody of my brother and I just started a new job so I have not worked in a month due to having to train for my new job. Now my first paycheck is being held for one month and I have no money to pay for my rent or other bills. I thank you so much for all you do and thank you for your time....
Johnny Oil

Post by Johnny Oil »

I have been out of work and was in between jobs for two months but just started a job last week. I get paid every Friday and this Friday I get paid for the first time but I will not have enough for rent or food for the month of March.
I am a single parent with a 5 year old in kindergarten, my family has helped me to the point where they cannot do it anymore and I am blessed to have a vehicle to go to work. I just need a month to get ahead so I don't lose my apartment. It would be so great if I could get some assistance with food, utilities, rent, or whatever. I am not a drug addict, or a criminal and I am willing to submit to a drug screening and background check. Thank you for your consideration!
Prassad

Post by Prassad »

Good Afternoon, I am currently in a very difficult situation. Where a few weeks ago I was given 30 days to look for a new place to call by a "friend" after just moving in 5 weeks prior and now finding myself in between jobs also. I was finally accepted to a low income 2 bedroom in Bboulder, still looking to see if there may be anything sooner than their November 17 move in. If not, and either way, I am requesting assistance for paying for deposit and first month. I am very much hoping to meet with some kind of support now that in between jobs.
Thank you sincerely,
Angie Shamya

Post by Angie Shamya »

Good morning. My name is Julia, I moved to Naples Florida from Orlando Florida almost 8 years ago to have a fresh start in life after the death of my baby identical twin girls and the loss of my fiancé. I accepted a General Manager position at the restaurant “Stilts” at the Marriott Grand Vacations resort located on Marco Island. I rented a modest 1 bedroom apartment and headed down south. Fast forward 8 years and my whole life has done a 180.
Hurricane hits and that’s when my life started falling apart. At the time of the storm, I’d been working for the Stayer family As their private chef and property manager. My 7th YEAR anniversary with the family would have been in February. Just purchased a brand new car 2 months prior on my path for a fresh start and was on my way to buying my first home.
The Stayers were up in Wisconsin for the summer as they do every year. So I was in charge of their ocean front estate and the hurricane proofing. I did the best I could with advice from the internet and fellow Floridians. I did my best seeing that I graduated from culinary school. The store hits and I’m on property alone with my dog. Swimming between the two homes as the surge was coming in trying to save all I could from their 1st level. I was so frightened. No cell phone service, tv, I couldn’t even dial 911. Thank god for the generator that I turned on.
Thank God I’m alive and so is my dog. Everyone is great full for that. I thought I did a great job on my path to a fresh start. The last text I received from my boss was that she loved me and was very proud of me. 5 day’s later I receive an email from my bosses lawyer stating that as of today my position has been eliminated, so I will miss the rent due. No explanations besides the damages.
I have not still to this day heard from either one of the Stayers. I did not receive any severance pay or any extra financial help or assistance what so ever. My car was totaled in the storm, my lease was up October 31 from my current home.
Needless to say as of November 1st I have lost my job, car, and home. I can’t afford a new apartment everything is so expensive. No income, Any of my belongings i have left are shoved into a storage unit which is now up for auction. I can’t afford a car, loan company denied me because I have no income, FEMA denied me any assistance same with every other government benefit that they offer.
I’m living in a shed on a friends property actively looking for a job. I have 6 figure bills (student loans, car loans etc) but very few 6 figure jobs available in my industry.
I’m writing you in desperation hoping I can find someone or some organization that can help me get back on my feet with rent and a fresh start in life. It seems that because I don’t have children I don’t qualify for help. I’m scared and just need the tools and a roof over my head to go back out there and find a wonderful job.
Thank you for any help whether advice, direction, or financial. I will send a copy of my layoff email and send some video and pictures of my ordeal.