Find how to get help with rent
Mike Wirth
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Leasing agent trying to help a client

Post by Mike Wirth »

Hello,
My name is Denise. I am a real estate leasing agent in the New Orleans, Louisiana area. I had a client call inquiring about a rental home. She said she had signed up for a Unity program that helps her pay up to 70% of her rent. I am not totally sure if that is through your organization, but your site came up as I was researching the program.
I am very aware that in our area, it is very difficult to get a lease on an apartment or home without a voucher program, never mind with one due to lack of inventory. I was hoping that you would have some information for eligible housing for this client. I don't want to leave her high and dry since she is elderly with a disability. I am not looking to earn a commission on this at all. I am just looking to make sure she has the resources to move somewhere she feels more comfortable and safe.
Kira Noir
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Leasing agent trying to help a client

Post by Kira Noir »

Hello,
I was told you may be able to help me. I am a leasing agent trying to help a potential renter.
The client lost a contract with an airline company dur to the pressures of covid pandemic back in April 2022. They were able to stay in top of the bills by supplementing unemployment benefits with savings, but now they need a place to live and contacted me as a leasing agent. That lasted only until November when there was a lapse in UI benefits going to from regular UI benefits. Their savings were exhausted around the same time. Now I am waiting for CDLE to allow the client to claim benefits. The client told me they are currently behind $3318.66 in rent, come February it will be an additional $1200.00. Their excel energy is behind $254.59. I have been in constant communication as a leasing agent try to get help. They have been very understanding about my situation, but I feel very nervous that I will lose everything now that I feel am close to finding a new job.