Find how to get help with rent
malisha
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

May lose section 8 voucher

Post by malisha »

Good morning All,
My name is Carlita and I am sending this email on behalf of my aunt Jacqueline and her daughter Octavia, who are in danger of losing their housing from section 8. It was brought to my attend that my aunt has a Pepco bill for over $9000 and in desperate need of emergency assistant. My aunt is one of many very low income residents that live in Ward 8 and has been having a very hard time keeping up with her bills needed for her to keep her section 8 voucher. My aunt has a very serious medical condition where her blood gets infected very easily and has a bad thyroid condition that at time causes her to not be cohering at time and she had this very rare blood disorder also. Pepco has turned off their electric and we all are trying very hard to get her some emergency assistant as to she has grandkids 1 years old, 2 years old and 5 years old that live there (no one is staying in the apartment sing the power is off).
We have called everyone on the list that helps with utility bills and no one is able to assist her at all they all are saying that they don't have any money at all. I’m sure that there is something that you all can do to help out my aunt and her family I don't want her to lose her Section 8 voucher over this as to if they do they all will be homeless. So I am writing this email to see if you all can help out in any way possible.
I am sure DC government can help her in some way or if you all know of any other places that are not on the list of help can you please provide it to me ASAP and to it is about to get very cold outside that is no way for anyone to live and I do understand that she should have been paying the bill. I totally get that but when your rent is high, you got gas to pay food to buy since they cut her food stamps and all you get a month is $700 from SIS-disability. I know she got assistants for $1300.  Why did Pepco let that bill get so high before they came to cut it off? Why they never called to say anything before she loses her section 8 HUD voucher.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: May lose section 8 voucher

Post by Admin »

Is it Ohio? If so, there are many public housing authorities to try. They can help you resume your voucher. Find Ohio section 8.
malisha wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:53 am Good morning All,
My name is Carlita and I am sending this email on behalf of my aunt Jacqueline and her daughter Octavia, who are in danger of losing their housing from section 8.
AnnetteMichael Jones

Post by AnnetteMichael Jones »

My name is Semi, I am inquiring about the section 8 voucher program as the one I have now I am losing. I am seeking emergency section 8 housing, I am currently living homeless in Mentone, CA in a vehicle night after night. I don't own the car, and it is very uncomfortable, it causes stress and depression when sharing a small space with someone else. Not to mention the cold weather, the positions you must sleep. I would like to receive a motel voucher, and long term temporary housing.
I have an income but it is not enough to pay for an apartment, on my own, which I may lose. I receive SSI/DIS benefits. I am eligible and possess the requirements to be housed on an emergency basis. I would like for you to contact me to further discuss this matter, I have more information to share with you concerning my situation. Please contact me at my email listed above.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you may lose the section 8, and have not yet, you still have time to look for help. Look into local housing authorities, apartments, and HUD programs too. As there are options. Look here for section 8 apartments in CA.
AnnetteMichael Jones wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:11 am My name is Semi, I am inquiring about the section 8 voucher program as the one I have now I am losing. I am seeking emergency section 8 housing, I am currently living homeless in Mentone, CA in a vehicle night after night.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Two questions.
I had a section 8 voucher but lost it as my new landlord couldn't get all the repairs made in time. The house is very remote , combined with the covid problems.
The manager there was really rude one day, shouting at me etc. I have PDST and it just made me walk away. I also asked for a consideration for a disability and they just never acknowledged it or changed things.
After how much time could I still complain? I used to keep quiet so that I didn't loose my voucher, but I guess now I can complain as it doesn't matter. There was a nearly always closed waiting list and then a lottery. So success was hard to come by. I was terrifying to loose it.
Second question.
Where can I find county's with a very short waiting list for section 8? As I want to get on a list so I do not lose another section 8 voucher.
Any state. Just trying to get back to where I was with regards to help with rent .
Thank you so much,