No call backs from rent help applications

Find how to get help with rent
mikedietrich29
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 pm

No call backs from rent help applications

Post by mikedietrich29 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:14 am

My wife, my son, and I live in Schofield, Wisconsin and need help with our rent, if possible. I work for Walmart and my wife starts school @ Globe U in 11 days, so at the end of the month we will have student loan living expense money, we just need to make it that far. My wife hasn't received a single call back from an application, and now we need to pay our rent and energy bill now. Thank You for your time.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Admin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Try the Marathon Community Action Agency. North Central Community Action Program (715) 424-2581
They offer numerous housing programs, such as the Section 8 Voucher program, genenral rent assistance, and transitional housing programs. Unfortuntely the demand for housing help is great.
Here is more info on such agencies as the United Way. Try them as well.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html

Level
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:39 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Level » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:41 am

I am a single mother an i am looking for the help to get into a place for me an my son. i have just recently lost my job an i have put applications in an waiting for a reply back from that now, i have some money but nowhere enough to get us set up. It seems like the agencies in Brevard Florida are never calling back, no matter where I apply for housing help.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Admin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 am

Brevard Florida has numerous rent and other aid programs. Get help to pay a security depsotis, first months rent, last months, and other funds. A couple different options include Catholic Charities ((321) 636-6144) and the Brevard County Salvation Army (phone (321) 724-0494).
This link http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
has more info on both of these and other assistance programs.

Level wrote:I am a single mother an i am looking for the help to get into a place for me an my son. i have just recently lost my job an i have put applications in an waiting for a reply back from that now, i have some money but nowhere enough to get us set up. It seems like the agencies in Brevard Florida are never calling back, no matter where I apply for housing help.

Kenmac
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:59 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Kenmac » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:10 pm

My brother who is disabled and on SSDI has been evicted from his home in Lehigh County. He has been staying with me in Montgomery County but wants to live in Bucks County where he is familiar with the area. We have relatives in Bucks County. He was told that in order to apply for housing and rent he needs 3 documents to prove his residency in Bucks. How can he do this? He is sort of moving around now. Seems like the application process is kind of intense.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Admin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:07 am

I would assume that is Bucks County Pennsylvania? Find information on various assistance programs. Some may be able to help with housing needs, and / or moving expenses. For rent, there are places like Diversified Community Services Phone 215.336.3511 or try calling the Southwest CDC, 215.729.0800. You may also try organizations in Montgomery County as well, and agencies are listed on the main site of needhelppayingbills.com
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Kenmac wrote:My brother who is disabled and on SSDI has been evicted from his home in Lehigh County. He has been staying with me in Montgomery County but wants to live in Bucks County where he is familiar with the area. We have relatives in Bucks County. He was told that in order to apply for housing and rent he needs 3 documents to prove his residency in Bucks. How can he do this? He is sort of moving around now. Seems like the application process is kind of intense.

MarkDavis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:40 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by MarkDavis » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:46 am

My wife and I are sick. We have no unemployment or other source of income right now. I am begging someone to help us (even if it would be a one time payment) with helping us pay our rent of $850 dollars. When I get back on my feet I swear I will pay you back with interest. We're asking that someone out there email us. My wife is frail and I can't even pay for a doctor to treat her as well. We live in Selmer Tennessee and facing eviction. Had let my uncle move in and was giving him my half of rent and didn't know he wasn't payoing it until i was three months behind. Can your organization or do you know of some help for me if we apply.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Admin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:57 pm

We do not provide cash or grants at needhelppayingbills. We only provide information on agencies to call, programs, and really just info. That is all. That being said, if you need emergency rent help, find organizations to call in Tennessee assistance for immediate housing aid.
MarkDavis wrote:My wife and I are sick. We have no unemployment or other source of income right now. I am begging someone to help us (even if it would be a one time payment) with helping us pay our rent of $850 dollars. When I get back on my feet I swear I will pay you back with interest. We're asking that someone out there email us. My wife is frail and I can't even pay for a doctor to treat her as well. We live in Selmer Tennessee and facing eviction. Had let my uncle move in and was giving him my half of rent and didn't know he wasn't payoing it until i was three months behind. Can your organization or do you know of some help for me if we apply.

MacroPed191
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 6:05 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by MacroPed191 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:16 pm

I was unemployed for 4 months, hired to a new job last week, but I will not receive, my first paycheck for 3 weeks, and my daughter and I are facing eviction within days, after which time we will be homeless. We are in desperate need of immediate temporary rent assistance to help prevent my daughter and I from becoming homeless. Although I lost my job 11/15/2011 and was out of work for 4 months, I struggled to maintain our home by exhausting all savings and 401K funds, and by selling our personal belongings to pay rent and utilities. However, I have run out of resources, and although I am again working, we are closer to eviction and homelessness than ever, because I am 15 days late paying May's rent, I have received a disconnection notice from the electric and phone companies (which includes the internet connection I must have to keep my job), and I won't be receiving my first paycheck for three more weeks. By that time, we will have lost electricity, phone, internet, will be homeless, and I will have lost my job. During the first week of January, I contacted city, county, state, and charity organizations for temporary rent assistance and filed applications. Every agency I spoke with (Lazurus house, Hesed House, Salvation Army, Outreach) stated that they were out of funds, and there was nothing they could do. Each agency referred me to two more agencies, from whom I received the same, "Sorry. We're out of money." I do not know where else to turn. I fought to keep us in our home, exhausting all of my savings and retirement funds to pay rent and utilities while unemployed, and even although I found a good job which will allow us to live comfortably eventually, if I can't find temporary rent assistance, it will all have been for nothing, because we will be evicted from our home anyway, and then with no access to the internet, I will lose my new job. I have called every single assistance agency in northern Illinois: Village of Maple Park, Kane County, Township of Virgil, Hesed House, Lazurus House, Salvation Army, and all churches in the area, and during the month of January, every single agency stated that they were out of money, and that they could only help us by providing us temporary shelter after eviction. There has got to be something else out there that I've missed. I am at the end of my rope, desperate

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Admin » Wed May 09, 2012 7:32 pm

It sounds like you have done much of the right things and called the correct agencies, programs, and churches. There is really not much more we can offer you, other than provide you with some information on phone numbers and addresses of rental programs. Maybe some of these places you have already called, maybe they are new to you. Either way, click here to find more information on the application process for community action and other non-profit agencies. Hopefully you will find someone that can help.
MacroPed191 wrote:I was unemployed for 4 months, hired to a new job last week, but I will not receive, my first paycheck for 3 weeks, and my daughter and I are facing eviction within days, after which time we will be homeless. We are in desperate need of immediate temporary rent assistance to help prevent my daughter and I from becoming homeless. Although I lost my job 11/15/2011 and was out of work for 4 months, I struggled to maintain our home by exhausting all savings and 401K funds, and by selling our personal belongings to pay rent and utilities. However, I have run out of resources, and although I am again working, we are closer to eviction and homelessness than ever, because I am 15 days late paying May's rent, I have received a disconnection notice from the electric and phone companies (which includes the internet connection I must have to keep my job), and I won't be receiving my first paycheck for three more weeks. By that time, we will have lost electricity, phone, internet, will be homeless, and I will have lost my job. During the first week of January, I contacted city, county, state, and charity organizations for temporary rent assistance and filed applications. Every agency I spoke with (Lazurus house, Hesed House, Salvation Army, Outreach) stated that they were out of funds, and there was nothing they could do. Each agency referred me to two more agencies, from whom I received the same, "Sorry. We're out of money." I do not know where else to turn. I fought to keep us in our home, exhausting all of my savings and retirement funds to pay rent and utilities while unemployed, and even although I found a good job which will allow us to live comfortably eventually, if I can't find temporary rent assistance, it will all have been for nothing, because we will be evicted from our home anyway, and then with no access to the internet, I will lose my new job. I have called every single assistance agency in northern Illinois: Village of Maple Park, Kane County, Township of Virgil, Hesed House, Lazurus House, Salvation Army, and all churches in the area, and during the month of January, every single agency stated that they were out of money, and that they could only help us by providing us temporary shelter after eviction. There has got to be something else out there that I've missed. I am at the end of my rope, desperate

Pantene
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Pantene » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:01 pm

I used to live in a apartments with roommates, but they put me in a bad situation and left, and for the bad luck the land lord increase the rent starting from march 2013. It increased $50, so I have to pay 1125 by myself plus the electricity bill which its average is $150 every other month and I work for a part time for amount of 600 a month average. I go to school part time, so please I need help to pay the rent until I find another roommate. I didn’t pay the rent till now because I don’t have the amount due by 05-03-2013.

TylerWinkle
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:26 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by TylerWinkle » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm in a very stressful situation right now. I live in Rochester,NY and I received a 3 day eviction notice. I've never been In this situation ever before. I’ve always paid my rent and on time and this month I was unable to. Please help me as no one seems to help. I have no family in this city. I look forward to hearing from someone soon either by email or phone.

Fiscal
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:11 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Fiscal » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 am

I have a 2 bedroom apartment that my son who is 9 years old lives with me. I am a single parent. We were kicked out month ago or so from my parents due to father an I disagreement so I got an apartment and paid to get it but I had a job and I lost it due to no CDL. I have rent already due at 750 and going each day. I have no other help. My son is a full time student and never is late or absent at all. I try my best but his school is my main concern. If I can't pay rent well be kicked out and no place to go. Info on help would be a blessing if you can please please help me with any information.

tesla
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:30 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by tesla » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:09 pm

My husband was in a bad wreck and broke his wrist. He is unable to work right now and I’m only a part time employee. We have a 3 month old baby and are behind on our rent due to my husband being out of work. We have applied for help but have no where to go and only have until the first of August to catch up on our rent, if we don't we will be kicked out. If there is any way you could help please let me know!!!!

Martin1
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:16 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: No call backs from rent help applications

Post by Martin1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:26 pm

My family is in emergency assistance, our direct deposit account was cleaned out entirely due to an old bill-that wasn't our bill. We got it worked out but our landlord refused to work with us and we have documented proof. My husband and I have jobs but for now we are sleeping in our van in the parking lot at Walmart.
We have three children (actually four, but our older son is in basic training for National guard). Tonight is the second night we are homeless. Also the kids are on Christmas break from school and it's heartbreaking.
I'm looking for any assistance-I'm at a total loss and seeing the children going through this but acting strong so that my feelings aren't hurt is killing me. I hope that some assistance is available and someone calls me back.

Post Reply