Rent behind as lost job from car wreck

Find how to get help with rent
RonnieSmith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent behind as lost job from car wreck

Post by RonnieSmith »

To whom it may concern,
Good morning! I am in desperate need of help with my rent. I have court this coming week to be evicted. It’s so hard catching up with all the fees that keep piling on every day. I would appreciate any help you can give me to point me in the right direction for assistance. I was in a car wreck almost 2 years ago and still suffer from chronic pain. I have herniated disc in my lower back and bulging disc in my neck. I am currently working ride-sharing but there are days it's very hard because of sitting so long and moving my neck I've been applying for jobs to get a full-time one but it's very hard to find a job where I can make enough to cover all my bills with the cost of living going up every day in Austin.
I appreciate your help in this stressful time of my life. First a car wreck, then behind on my rent.
Thanks Danielle
HeadofFamily

Re: Rent behind as lost job from car wreck

Post by HeadofFamily »

I am hoping you can help me to get rent assistance Suffolk County N.Y.
I was recently in a car wreck and lost my job driving. I have filled out a few applications and made numerous phone calls but I am referred to other organizations and the circle repeats.
The landlord took partial rent for months, hoping we could get approved for rent based on my income if I can get a job, so the landlord understood the car wreck. He is more than willing to do that, but says he will evict me if it doesn't come to fruition.
I am 66, 67 in January and with cardiomyopathy and other ailments I am scared to death to be homeless and live in my car.
I believe there is a way to solve my issue and I just don't know it. In 2 years I can collect my former spouse retirement from LIRR so I hope it will be much easier to survive on it.
I appreciate any help you can offer me. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent behind as lost job from car wreck

Post by Admin »

Are you disabled from the car wreck? Did you get insurance money or a settlement, and can that be used to pay the rent you owe? Lots of questions with that. But try a free lawyer (which are listed on the site) as well as details on places near you that help with rent.