Less then 7 days

Find how to get help with rent
mjb1969
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Less then 7 days

Post by mjb1969 »

i live in Newark New Jersey and in less then 7 days myself and my children will be living in the street. We will loose everything that we own because my income is less then my rent. I get 666 a month and my rent is only 725 and I can't even afford it. The welfare system said they can't help me and I don't know what to do. I am trying to find someplace to help me with rental assistance with no luck. My back is against the wall. I am ready to give up, no matter how hard I try I just get doors slamed in my face.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Less then 7 days

Post by Admin »

For rent help and assistance with bills, housing costs, and more in Newark New Jersey try these agencies.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogra1.html

Salvation Army of Essex County 908-851-9300
United Community Corporation (UCC) (973) 642-0181

They run some programs themselves, and can be a great resource on other government and NJ assistance programs. Learn about mortgage and rent programs, utility and heating bill help, and much more.

mjb1969 wrote:i live in Newark New Jersey and in less then 7 days myself and my children will be living in the street. We will loose everything that we own because my income is less then my rent. I get 666 a month and my rent is only 725 and I can't even afford it. The welfare system said they can't help me and I don't know what to do. I am trying to find someplace to help me with rental assistance with no luck. My back is against the wall. I am ready to give up, no matter how hard I try I just get doors slamed in my face.
Zebra

Post by Zebra »

I resigned from my job December 28, 2013 because of unethical practices and misconduct.
I have reported them to the regulatory agency and have an appointment tomorrow at 11:00 to further discuss situation. Because I left under the conditions I did my past employers will not release my vacation pay and stated they will fight me for unemployment unless I sign a release to not discuss their practices with our finder.
I am now $675 behind in rent and yesterday was Issued a 5-day notice. The $675 = 660 + 15 late fee. After filing the claim with Department of Family and Social Services tomorrow, the unemployment office stated I could bring the claim, the release form they wanted me to sign and my resignation letter, because I stipulated that I was leaving because of the way the company was moving and they stated I could file and should start receiving benefits in 2-3 weeks. But in between that time I need rental assistance to pay for the month of August. Please Advise.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, that was a huge mistake to resign before you had another job lined up. Why not look for a new job in the Mobile Alabama area, then resign, then file the complaint? Anyway, since you have already made that mistake, agencies may be hesitant to offer rent help as that was a brash decision and you have no source of income coming in. So while you need help for the 5-day notice, there may be places to try, and click here Mobile rental assistance.
Juddah1

Post by Juddah1 »

Hi, I just would like to have help to get my rent caught up. I have less than 7 days. I've had some medical issues and work on my vehicle expenses.. seems like everywhere I go or try either, I get turned down, or they are out of funds. I feel like because I'm honest. No one going to help me. I feel so helpless, my boyfriend got locked up 2 1/2 years ago but the charge he got I felt was untrue. I've tried to stand behind him and keep the bills paid, but health has had me in out surgery, etc. and I've fell behind on my rent which i have 7 days to pay. Is there any other resources In Lexington NC.   I try so hard. But it's not easy. Thanks for any help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are now about to be homeless for standing up for your boyfriend, you may need to revisit that. I would suspect he would feel the same if you are about to be homeless and hungry. As far as how to get short term help, look here for rent assistance for you. Yes, we bet it is not easy, but you have choices to make.
Juddah1 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:31 am my boyfriend got locked up 2 1/2 years ago but the charge he got I felt was untrue. I've tried to stand behind him and keep the bills paid, but health has had me in out surgery, etc. and I've fell behind on my rent which i have 7 days to pay. Is there any other resources In Lexington NC.   I try so hard. But it's not easy. Thanks for any help.