Behind on rent in Montana

Find how to get help with rent
TigWoods
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Behind on rent in Montana

Post by TigWoods »

I’m located in Glendive Montana. I moved here from NC. My fiancé lost his job because he had a seizure while working. And rent is on the 24th of this month, if I’m not able to make rent we will be homeless. I’ve been homeless for a year and I don’t want to go through that again. Its why I left NC for Montana. I got help from the Zion church that has salvation army to help with my utilities. They won’t help with rent. I have talked to action of eastern Montana and they told me they have no funds to help anyone. And I have been working with job service to get a job and to get help with food stamps and Medicaid. I know they help with rent because my friend got help from them with hers ($900) and they moved her into a new place. But when I asked they told me no. My rent is only $450. If you could help in any way that would be greatly appreciated.
Draghi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Behind on rent in Montana

Post by Draghi »

Hello. I have applied for ERA emergency rent help through the LCJFS in Montana as of May 18. I am now two months and a late payment behind on my rent. I have even tried to get help through their PRC program and I can't get through to anyone. Every place I've tried to contact here in Montana for rent help is either a waiting list or no funds. I receive a disability check monthly that used to cover all my expenses. With the COLA raise, everything else went up also. My rent, water, pipp payment and it is all now way more than what I get a month.
My husband is unable to work due to health. We are waiting to hear back from social security administration for his case. But in the mean time, I'm getting farther behind and an upset property owner. I own the home but have to pay for lot rent monthly. I do pay the "mortgage" loan monthly also. I have about a year left for that to be paid off. We do get SNAP benefits also.
I've been of the waiting list for ground level solutions for a year and still nothing from them either. My home needs things, I'm trying my very best but I am sinking and need help. Please.