Need Help

Find how to get help with rent
xxFinallyxxLoved
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Help

Post by xxFinallyxxLoved »

Hey everyone I'm new to this site and I need help and was wondering if someone could point me to the right direction because I'm lost and don't know where to begin. It's just a friend and I living together, he is disabled and makes $768 a month and I haven't been able to find a job and I'm trying to get myself enrolled into College. This past month we have had a few things mess up and are going to be short on the rent and our landlord doesn't play around to well when it comes to the rent. I live in the Baskerville, Virginia area and was wondering what are some places that can help us pay our rent. I'm also wondering if there are any types of Houses that are based on income maybe we could find a place like that until I could get on my feet again.
All help is much appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Help

Post by Admin »

In Mecklenburg / Bakersfield Virginia, try contacting the Tri-County Community Action Agency, Inc.. (434) 575-7916 They may have grants you can apply to for rent help. If they do not offer it themselves, they will defintely be able to refer you to government programs, or other places that can help you. This link, and the site, has more info on ways to get help with a variety of bills ,expenses, and costs, as well as info on various programs and resources.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
F Smith

Post by F Smith »

Hello, I just got laid off from my job. Clincher is my rent is due on the first and my other bills ate up all my extra cash plus all of the expenses I have for my son. My son is six months old and I am having to pay for his formula out of pocket because the formula that WIC provides makes him sick. I would appreciate any help given I don't want to lose my home and I have many job interviews this week. I would just need assistance for the month of February. Thank you for your time and God Bless
Rachdewer

Post by Rachdewer »

In need of a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom for my two daughters and me. Needing something as soon as possible as our current living situation is no longer going to be available. I am currently working but I work as a waitress and summer time is slow season. I also go to school full time. I'm only about a year away from graduating. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
MetaWorldPeace

Post by MetaWorldPeace »

I'm looking for information on assistance with paying our rent. We have lived in this home for 3 years. This is the first time we have fallen behind on our rent. My husband has been out of work since November. We are behind on our rent March, April and now May. Our landlord has been very understanding up until now and I can't blame him. The only income we have currently is my disability each month. Our rent is $750 a month and if we could get help with at least one month then I'm sure our landlord would work with us on the other 2 months. My husband is supposed to be returning to work in the next 2 weeks installing Windows in Madison as a subcontractor.

Thank you for any information you can assist me with or pointing me in the right direction to find help.

Thank you

PLATTEVILLE WI
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information on section 8 housing in Platteville. This combines income based rent assistance with low cost apartments and other properties. You in effect get some government aid to pay for the home or apartment, but there may be a long waiting list. Here are more details on section 8 in Wisconsin.
MetaWorldPeace wrote:I'm looking for information on assistance with paying our rent.

PLATTEVILLE WI