Homeless from COVID

Find how to get help with rent
Abbvie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless from COVID

Post by Abbvie »

Hello.  I found your website in a search for housing assistance in Wisconsin (Brown County) for homeless people that are homeless because of COVID.  I have a 30 year old disabled family member that is on the verge of being homeless, again.  He has many medical diagnoses including debilitating anxiety, depression, high blood pressure etc., and others (I.e. Asperger’s/high functioning autism) that are suspected but have not been diagnosed by a doctor as he has had trouble finding one that can treat him consistently.
He recently had back surgery then not long afterwards was in a car accident but has been unable to be seen due to the COVID19 hospital closures.  On his behalf, his mother has applied for Social Security Disability several times but has been denied, it is currently being appealed, again.  In the meantime, his rent is paid to the end of November but then?  His mother has also applied for housing vouchers in Green Bay Wisconsin but that is "being processed" with many roadblocks and delays, one of which is needing to be on "SS Disability", which he is trying to do.  COVID is slowing everything down for the homeless. The current deadline was November 15 (today is November 16).  
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless from COVID

Post by Admin »

If you are homeless from COVID, then try a Salvation Army homeless shelter in Brown County. There are shelters as well as transitional housing units in Green Bay and the County. Try it here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... assis.html
Abbvie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:28 pm Hello.  I found your website in a search for housing assistance in Wisconsin (Brown County) for homeless people that are homeless because of COVID.  I have a 30 year old disabled family member that is on the verge of being homeless, again.  He has many medical diagnoses including debilitating anxiety, depression, high blood pressure etc., and others (I.e. Asperger’s/high functioning autism) that are suspected but have not been diagnosed by a doctor as he has had trouble finding one that can treat him consistently.
He recently had back surgery then not long afterwards was in a car accident but has been unable to be seen due to the COVID19 hospital closures.  On his behalf, his mother has applied for Social Security Disability several times but has been denied, it is currently being appealed, again.  In the meantime, his rent is paid to the end of November but then?  His mother has also applied for housing vouchers in Green Bay Wisconsin but that is "being processed" with many roadblocks and delays, one of which is needing to be on "SS Disability", which he is trying to do.  COVID is slowing everything down for the homeless. The current deadline was November 15 (today is November 16).