Find how to get help with rent
Cruisers
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Evicted from COVID and moving to Airbnb

Post by Cruisers »

Good evening,
I am a spouse to an active duty, deployed Marine that has been evicted and now need to move. I will be moving to the St. Paul - Minneapolis, MN area December 14th to start a new job, and am in the process of finding a home to buy. Due to COVID-19 I am unable to stay with family in the area and am moving from several hours away, so I am facing the challenge of finding somewhere to live for a couple weeks while I close on a house. My husband and I were not prepared to pay for this extra accommodation, but due to the pandemic we are now faced with this sudden financial inconvenience. My current options are pay for a subleased apartment or find a long-term hotel/Airbnb accommodation, both being $500-1200 a month.
I am wondering if you provide any family support or a housing program I could utilize during this time for financial relief as we deal with an eviction from COVID-19 reasons. If you do not have assistance to offer, do you have any other helpful resources I can check out? Unfortunately, time is of the essence, so I appreciate your response.
Julie

Re: Evicted from COVID and moving to Airbnb

Post by Julie »

Hello, do you know if there are places, like Airbnb, in Augusta Georgia that can help me and my four kids. I have been evicted due to COVID. I was currently on section 8 but because of a local tax preparer I went to added self-employment on my taxes.
I was working at the time and they filed my taxes before I bought back my w-2 forms. I didn’t know it was happening until I was asked for 3 years tax transcripts. My case worker told me I may have to pay back money with I was ok with but I didn’t hear back from her about it so I thought maybe I didn’t have to pay anything back. I moved before COVID hit and when I move it was mandatory to put a forwarding address on the 30 day notice I moved out June 2020. I then moved to another apartment December 2020. I had to go pick up an voucher sign papers and she still never mentioned any back pay then all of a sudden in April 2021 I get two letters - one with my old address scratch out and my new address wrote in that was the same.
I got a copy of the letter as she sent to an old address where she knew I didn’t stay anymore because she was the case worker and I received every letter about everything else at my forwarding address but that important letter I needed which showed I had to make back payments. Both letters I got at new address. That was the old one that I didn’t receive and a new one stating that I lost my voucher then I went from having to pay 50 to 785 which was impossible for me. They just stop everything and I didn’t receive my due process. I have nowhere to go with COVID hitting, so think maybe an AirBNB. All of the money I had I had to pay for shelter. I lost my job due to me having to attend court with my son.
Sent from my iPhone
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Evicted from COVID and moving to Airbnb

Post by Admin »

Sorry you need to move into an Airbnb as you recover from COVID, both financially and health wise. There may be some government HUD resources to help you during that recovery, including living rent free in housing or apartments. Now of course these units are limited, but there are options. Learn more about rent free housing apartments. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... using.html