Roommate left because of COVID

Find how to get help with rent
CarterJ
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Roommate left because of COVID

Post by CarterJ »

Good afternoon, my name is Victoria, I am disabled and about to turn 64. Recently my roommate moved out due to covid-19 and I need assistance with my rent. That being said I found out on Friday from Social Security that I am able to work from home. I am in the process of updating my resume and searching for a job. Knowing how the system works, even if I started a job today I would not receive my first paycheck until after the first of October.  Since I have an income which will not cover the bills I am now faced with, I   would like to receive information on how to qualify for a COVID-19 rent grant and or a short term loan that I can start to repay after about 60-90 days once I get a new roommate.
Kindle

Re: Roommate left because of COVID

Post by Kindle »

I'm single living alone in a one room apartment I rent as my old roommate left. I only made 26,000 last year due to COVID. I had to cut everything fun out of my life because of cost I never seem to get a break :( I work full time about 36 hours a week I hope one day to be able to eat breakfast again but it's been over a year since I've been able to do that. I eat two hotdogs for lunch every day because that's cheap I sometimes eat dinner if I go to a family members house at the right time there's almost no food at my place :( I get no assistance I get no Grace I get no mercy :(
I've been slowly getting behind on bills due to COVID and it is tougher after the roommate left. I want medical insurance but it's over 300$ a month for me but I don't have enough for food and bills. But it seems that because I have no kids and am single no programs or help apply to me.
I'm responsible and have not make the big mistakes in life like having a lot of kids with lot of women but I seem to get punished for trying to do the  right thing   and being responsible. Is there anything that can help me before I lose everything I have and end homelessness starving on the street. I'm holding on as long as I can but I don't see hope
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Roommate left because of COVID

Post by Admin »

Did your roommate have a lease agreement as well - did they sign the lease too? Or sublet? If so, they can't just leave. In addition to that, there are eviction laws in place to stop evictions during COVID. Check with your local government. And if you work 36 hours per week, you should be able to get relief.Learn more on rent relief programs.
Kindle wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:24 pm I'm single living alone in a one room apartment I rent as my old roommate left. I only made 26,000 last year due to COVID. I had to cut everything fun out of my life because of cost I never seem to get a break :( I work full time about 36 hours a week I hope one day to be able to eat breakfast again but it's been over a year since I've been able to do that. I eat two hotdogs for lunch every day because that's cheap I sometimes eat dinner if I go to a family members house at the right time there's almost no food at my place :( I get no assistance I get no Grace I get no mercy :(