Want to move to a smaller town

Find how to get help with rent
Howdy12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Want to move to a smaller town

Post by Howdy12 »

To Whom It May Concern, I am a disabled army veteran with a 100% rating from 2 tours to Iraq. I suffer from severe PTSD and TBI. My family is looking at relocating to a smaller town, smaller school system because my daughter is currently being bullied and the drug problem is out of control where we live. By moving to smaller town, this will put me closer to the VA hospital in Waco, TX. By being closer, I will be able to attend regular groups and psychiatry appointments. My wife has lost her job and we are in desperate need of help with paying bills, groceries and if your program helps with relocating fees. If you’ll are unable to help, if you could please direct me to an organization that does would be great. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Michael
Mr_Smith

Re: Want to move to a smaller town

Post by Mr_Smith »

Hello my name is Bree . I'm a domestic violence survivor and am currently awaiting approval to move into an apartment in a smaller town for my 3 small children and I. We are days away from move in . In the mean time we are in a motel room and have exhausted all resources and have till 11:30 to be ale to pay for another night's stay. I'm reaching to see if you have or no of any resources that I can come upon to help me move to a new, smaller safe town. If not we have no where to go. There isn't any shelters available for us to go to at the moment either. Thank you or your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Want to move to a smaller town

Post by Admin »

There is a section 8 program that helps pay for moving costs, it is called Small Area Fair Market. You can transfer, or port, your section 8 vouchers. While it too will often have a waiting list, maybe look into it. Find details on transfering section 8 vouchers.
Mr_Smith wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:34 am Hello my name is Bree . I'm a domestic violence survivor and am currently awaiting approval to move into an apartment in a smaller town for my 3 small children and I. We are days away from move in . In the mean time we are in a motel room and have exhausted all resources and have till 11:30 to be ale to pay for another night's stay. I'm reaching to see if you have or no of any resources that I can come upon to help me move to a new, smaller safe town. If not we have no where to go. There isn't any shelters available for us to go to at the moment either. Thank you or your time.