Studio apartment rent

Find how to get help with rent
BAMurdoch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Studio apartment rent

Post by BAMurdoch »

The short story is, our landlord is selling our apartment building (4 units total within) to a buyer who is trying to purchase the entire block of apartments on our street here at Sepulveda Boulevard in Sherman Oaks, CA to tear down and build one big apartment complex that has 90 apartments and then charge $3000 for a studio apartment.  You know what is going on in Los Angeles now. I don't know if you are the correct people that can help us with studio apartment rent.  We are in desperate need of rental help.
Dow30000
anti spam: Blue

Re: Studio apartment rent

Post by Dow30000 »

Hello,
I am 28 year old, single, pregnant women living in Henderson/Commerce City, CO 80640 in a studio apartment.
I am approximately 7 weeks along. I have talked to local DHS office about SNAP benefits and Medicaid and rent help for the studio; however, I am waiting on both. Because of the coronavirus, I was laid off in late March 2020 and I'm already a few hundred dollars short of being able to pay my rent, not to mention groceries, medications, and other bills. Any and all help would be appreciated.
I scoured your website for a couple hours and do not know where to start. I am willing to work and although I have applied and interviewed for jobs, I have yet to be hired.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Developers and prices in Southern CA are clearly escalating. Many people are struggling with housing needs. But look into the emergency rental assistance in Los Angeles County.
Or if you have a legal case with the tear downs, then you can look into that option as well.

BAMurdoch wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:05 am The short story is, our landlord is selling our apartment building (4 units total within) to a buyer who is trying to purchase the entire block of apartments on our street here at Sepulveda Boulevard in Sherman Oaks, CA to tear down and build one big apartment complex that has 90 apartments and then charge $3000 for a studio apartment.  You know what is going on in Los Angeles now. 
Marley

Post by Marley »

Due to the Corona virus I got sick and lost my job  and have had no luck a getting a job, now I am behind in my bill and rent for my studio apartment and no help.
Please advise. I keep getting messages saying I will be evicted from my studio apartment if I can't pay rent. I will be evicted if I do not come up with a payment. Please advise. I do not know what to do or go.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you (or anyone) will get evicted if you can't pay rent. Everyone needs to pay. Seems like you need a job and housing, and try this for Kitsap County emergency rent help.
Marley wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:01 am Due to the Corona virus I got sick and lost my job  and have had no luck a getting a job, now I am behind in my bill and rent for my studio apartment and no help.
Please advise. I keep getting messages saying I will be evicted from my studio apartment if I can't pay rent. I will be evicted if I do not come up with a payment. Please advise. I do not know what to do or go.
Machelle F

Post by Machelle F »

Hello
To whom this may concern,
My name is Tuesdae. I am located in Pine Bluff, AR. I'm trying to get in contact with someone to give me more information regarding my case! I've been in the rental assistance program for my studio apartment for 5 months now and haven't received any funds on my rent! I need to know what is going on! Every time I call the EOC office they tell me that there are waiting on funds! It's been months how much longer am I going to have to wait on my rental assistance? I have to pay my landlord he almost evicted me!!
JAMIE MARLEIGH

Post by JAMIE MARLEIGH »

I live in a 428-square-foot studio apartment in Tampa, FL and need rent help. It’s damn near over 1,000 each to live and maintain this place is beyond me. Anyway, what I am looking for is career path help, food stamps, section 8 low-income housing/income-based apartments & finally getting a job/career. I am a hard worker and a quick learner, just need someone to mentor me. When I moved out here from California I was doing too well out there. And why I left and thought it would be good enough for her mom and step-sister. I am damn near destitute, due to the high costs of living now & the hourly pay ranges out here in Florida which means I need studio apartment rent assistance. Being a feminine man really will make people treat you worse than you already feel. I do identify with the LGBTQIA I've been lost, tortured, and lonely for a long time.
I feel like I would be a good fit for any help and assistance because I really do view it as a privilege because of the fact I am trying to get my life back in order, and being able to have assistance with rent, or bills in general would make it so much easier; getting back on my feet quicker & subsequently paying off everything I borrow, faster. I am really just trying my best out here like we all are, but this assistance would surely help with all my bills, rent being discounted a little bit. All of this can help me live to be a productive member of society. I would not take any grants or borrowed money for granted because again it would be a straight-up privilege for my rent to cut down significantly. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help?! I will come in, make appointments, fill out applications for rent money for the studio apartment etc. Do whatever it is I have to do to prove that you’re not wasting time, money, and resources on me. It would make such a
big difference in my life, that I am able to make changes in other’s lives for the better. Thanks for taking the time to hear me out. I hope to hear from someone, soon
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Rents in Tampa are high, and have gone way up over last few years. Cost of living, when factoring in wages, is some of worst in country. Anyhow, look here for help with back rent in Tampa.
JAMIE MARLEIGH wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:53 pm I live in a 428-square-foot studio apartment in Tampa, FL and need rent help.