Studio apartment rent

Find how to get help with rent
BAMurdoch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Studio apartment rent

Post by BAMurdoch » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:05 pm

The short story is, our landlord is selling our apartment building (4 units total within) to a buyer who is trying to purchase the entire block of apartments on our street here at Sepulveda Boulevard in Sherman Oaks, CA to tear down and build one big apartment complex that has 90 apartments and then charge $3000 for a studio apartment.  You know what is going on in Los Angeles now. I don't know if you are the correct people that can help us with studio apartment rent.  We are in desperate need of rental help.

Dow30000
anti spam: Blue

Re: Studio apartment rent

Post by Dow30000 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Hello,
I am 28 year old, single, pregnant women living in Henderson/Commerce City, CO 80640 in a studio apartment.
I am approximately 7 weeks along. I have talked to local DHS office about SNAP benefits and Medicaid and rent help for the studio; however, I am waiting on both. Because of the coronavirus, I was laid off in late March 2020 and I'm already a few hundred dollars short of being able to pay my rent, not to mention groceries, medications, and other bills. Any and all help would be appreciated.
I scoured your website for a couple hours and do not know where to start. I am willing to work and although I have applied and interviewed for jobs, I have yet to be hired.
Thank you,

Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Studio apartment rent

Post by Admin » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:25 pm

Developers and prices in Southern CA are clearly escalating. Many people are struggling with housing needs. But look into the emergency rental assistance in Los Angeles County.
Or if you have a legal case with the tear downs, then you can look into that option as well.

BAMurdoch wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:05 pm
The short story is, our landlord is selling our apartment building (4 units total within) to a buyer who is trying to purchase the entire block of apartments on our street here at Sepulveda Boulevard in Sherman Oaks, CA to tear down and build one big apartment complex that has 90 apartments and then charge $3000 for a studio apartment.  You know what is going on in Los Angeles now.