Housing for someone from moving from Puerto Rico

Find how to get help with rent
Macromedia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing for someone from moving from Puerto Rico

Post by Macromedia »

Good morning:
I have a sister with 3 minors seeking assistance for security deposit and the first month of rent. She is victim of the recent Puerto Rico earthquake that happened January 07,2020 and is moving here. She will be in my house in Winchester, VA but due to my contract stipulations. I am not able to have her with the kids more than two months. She is a teacher assistance and has a nursing degree as well and is seeking job. Is there any available help for this particular scenario to help someone from Puerto Rico with housing?
Thanks in advance for any guidance,
Fritz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing for someone from moving from Puerto Rico

Post by Fritz »

Hello. I’m contacting you because I’ve been trying on a daily basis, since January 3rd 2023, to find permanent housing for myself, 2 kids and our service dog. I am moving from Puerto Rico and need housing. I am still sitting here with no place to go, my kids each some place different and me sleeping anywhere I can find where I feel somewhat safe. I
have even tried to find motel vouchers and be contacted every organization, church, housing program, 211, with no luck. I have read on your site about housing for the disabled and for domestic violence, and I am both of those in addition to moving from Puerto Rico. My income consists of cash aid at the moment. I know there is immediate help out there, I don’t know why it’s been 2 months and I still can’t find anyone to help. My son has ADHD and is having a hard time being split from his family. It’s effecting his efforts in school and he is withdrawing from his friends.
We were evicted very unfairly. We had a terrible mold problem, which caused my son to develop asthma and a mold allergy to the mold in the unit. We were all so sick for 2 years and the landlord did everything in their power to get us out to avoid having to fix the problem in the building. I wasn't given the chance to fight we were locked out of the unit unexpectedly, leaving is homeless with no place to go. That was 2 months ago and I’m still trying so desperately to find housing post Puerto Rico. Can you please help.