rent and deposit

Find how to get help with rent
Happygolucky
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: rent and deposit

Post by Happygolucky »

Just got divorce after 20 years in domestic abuse marriage. Ex spent all my retirement. Have PTSD from marriage. I am afraid to go out, to drive, to be around people. My daughter let me live with her and I paid half the rent. She is now going to medical school in another area of country and is moving out in 2 weeks. Our lease runs out in May but I cannot pay the rent alone. I am 63 years old. I need help to pay my daughter's half of rent for 4 months, $600/month)then I can move into a room someplace. My support is $900/month but my ex is behind. If I could just get help for 4 months I could find a place more affordable. I am asking if someone could help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Is it just short term support for the 4 months, then what will you do longer term if the ex continues to stop paying support? Then you will be facing eviction again. you may want to look into a longer term solution, and maybe the federal government low income housing program can work for you here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html May be the best resource for you to find some low income housing that will maximize the amount of money you need to spend towards rent.

Happygolucky wrote:Just got divorce after 20 years in domestic abuse marriage. Ex spent all my retirement. Have PTSD from marriage. I am afraid to go out, to drive, to be around people. My daughter let me live with her and I paid half the rent. She is now going to medical school in another area of country and is moving out in 2 weeks. Our lease runs out in May but I cannot pay the rent alone. I am 63 years old. I need help to pay my daughter's half of rent for 4 months, $600/month)then I can move into a room someplace. My support is $900/month but my ex is behind. If I could just get help for 4 months I could find a place more affordable. I am asking if someone could help.
Herf Tim

Post by Herf Tim »

Please let me know. I would like to know if you would assist me with paying a security deposit on a rental property. The rental property that I have been in for three years has been causing my electric bill to be very high in the winter an summer, the front and back door doors need replaces and I have put in work orders for three year and nothing has been done, I'm on disability and I have to pay all my utilities and the electric is very high! I found a place that I really think is a lot better and very suitable but I don't have the security deposit, if you or you know of some other organizations that may be able to assist me, could you email me all the information as soon as possible? Thank you so very much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if the apartment isn't safe or liveable, then notify your landlord and/or your local building inspector. Hint at a potential lawsuit if the landlord does not make the repairs. They will need to reimburse your for electric bill as well. We do not offer grants or cash...we only provide information on places you can all, and here is security deposit assistance in Camden County New Jersey. Instead of moving, we really do think you need to try harder to get the landlord to fix the apartment.
Herf Tim wrote:Please let me know. I would like to know if you would assist me with paying a security deposit on a rental property. The rental property that I have been in for three years has been causing my electric bill to be very high in the winter an summer, the front and back door doors need replaces and I have put in work orders for three year and nothing has been done, I'm on disability and I have to pay all my utilities and the electric is very high! I found a place that I really think is a lot better and very suitable but I don't have the security deposit, if you or you know of some other organizations that may be able to assist me, could you email me all the information as soon as possible? Thank you so very much for your time.
HarryS

Post by HarryS »

Need assistance with security for an apartment. I've been living in a hotel for the past month and staying here for 270 a week. This is not allowing me to save up security money. I'm basically working to stay in the hotel and at this rate I will never have the funds to move. Please help. I have proof of income and will gladly pay the money back on a weekly payment plan.
BrevardKing

Post by BrevardKing »

I am a single mom. We recently moved to Texas from South Carolina. I was awarded a section 8 voucher from Austin Texas. I was given 3 months to find somewhere to live. I started working a job 3 days ago and my deadline for my voucher is November the 18th, only leaving us two weeks to find a home. However I couldn't afford application fees, nor a rental deposit. I am living in a home with 9 other people, my kids and I sleep on the floor. I am new to the area and finding help seems almost impossible.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Section 8 doesn't generally pay for a deposit, as you noted. But try calling the local public housing authority in your town or city in Texas. They may have referrals or some type of guidance for you. There are hundreds of these housing sites across Texas, so one that can advise on security deposits must be close to you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... texas.html
Rose

Post by Rose »

I really need a $1,000 to put down our first month rent and the deposit. We have to move to a ground level because I will be having back surgery and the doctor told us we need to find a ground level and the place we are living at have a ground leave. The manger told we have to come up with a $1,000 and we need help ASAP.
Aiken

Post by Aiken »

My family just recently moved here from Valdosta Georgia, my husband's job promised many things but none have come through. I have heart problems but unfortunately my check was cut off and I'm now working as a cashier, we have two beautiful children ages 7 and 3. The house we are staying in, the lease is up July 1st, and we haven't been able to save anything to get into another place. I'm not use to asking for help. As we don't receive food stamps or anything. Maybe we can receive a little help finding and getting into our own place, I can only pray the good Lord finds us a way.
tiyoshi

Post by tiyoshi »

Me and my fiance' are in dire need of help with rent/security deposits for renting a trailer/electric. Etc. basically we are homeless and are only staying in a motel room by the generosity of my mother and father. And I really cannot continue to ask them to pay for it. We need all the help that's we are eligible for. Neither of us have a jobs at the moment and have been looking everywhere. Please can you help?
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Places do no help without proof of income, they are not going to assist in moving you into a place without knowing you can actually pay for afterwards. Stay where you are, get jobs, save money then move.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

I am 24 years old with a 1 year old son and I was forced to get my own apartment because I was put out of a family member’s home. I am about to get evicted and I am short on rent of $1.815 of rent. I was working but my car went down so I could not get to work.
My car is running now but I can’t catch up. Please if you can help me with anything I would appreciate it. I can be contacted at this email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is always challenging when family puts someone out with zero notice. There are some agencies in [urlhttp://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/trento ... tance.html]Trenton that help with rent[/url]. But you are 24 so also need to work and get care for your kid. Look for NJ child care resources too.
Bernie wrote:I am 24 years old with a 1 year old son and I was forced to get my own apartment because I was put out of a family member’s home.
ashley1

Post by ashley1 »

Mr. McNamara,
First I should start off with an apology for the hour in which I am reaching out for rent and deposit help.
I know it's late, definitely not business hours, so I hope you accept my apologies.
I'll get right to it here..
Jon, I am struggling. Struggling in what feels like the worst way! Currently myself and my small family are homeless. I feel as though I've exasperated every possible avenue that I've been directed to go down but still to no avail.
I'm ultimately feeling overwhelmingly defeated. And really just do not know what to do next to keep my family safe from harm as we continue to sleep in our vehicle night after night.
It seems each local resource sign up sheet for rent or deposit or internet bulletin board has done nothing but waste countless hours of my time filling out the same redundant questionnaires over and over again.
From what I've been told and also from what I've read there seems to be all this government resource assistance just no actual way of getting to it.
If there's anything you could do to help me and my family with rent and deposit please let me know.
I'm praying that there is.
I'm usually available anytime. If for any reason I don't answer my phone it's usually due to me driving. In which case you'd hear back from me immediately.
Looking forward to hearing from you. And hoping that I do.
Thank you and God bless.
Have a good evening and goodnight.