Sleeping in Greyhound bus station

Find how to get help with rent
Campbell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Sleeping in Greyhound bus station

Post by Campbell »

My name is Joan, I am 68 disabled and elderly, living here in Tallahassee Florida with no family. and often sleeping at the greyhound bus station. I been in and out of the hospital over 5 times since November, 2016, with complications from my stroke, anxiety and dehydrated symptoms.....I am currently homeless and been staying in hotels because of fear of staying in the shelters.
Now I am broke, no more finances, and none of the friends birthday thought I had in the past have offered me any assistance, except for one person......I even stayed in the Greyhound bus station all night for two nights because I had no place to go.....I do have hopes of an apartment in January at Westminster Gardens.....I just need emergency assistance until then....hopefully a hotel voucher for a couple of nights.....please return my email and God bless you and THANK YOU......from Joan.....:-)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sleeping in Greyhound bus station

Post by Admin »

You should not be sleeping in a bus station in Tallahassee/Leon County. No one should. Since you have no family, then a homeless shelter can be a great option. They can also organize the medical care you need since you have obviously been sick. Find homeless shelters in Leon County Florida.
Campbell wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:32 am My name is Joan, I am 68 disabled and elderly, living here in Tallahassee Florida with no family. and often sleeping at the greyhound bus station. I been in and out of the hospital over 5 times since November, 2016, with complications from my stroke, anxiety and dehydrated symptoms.....I am currently homeless and been staying in hotels because of fear of staying in the shelters.
Now I am broke, no more finances, and none of the friends birthday thought I had in the past have offered me any assistance, except for one person......I even stayed in the Greyhound bus station all night for two nights because I had no place to go.....I do have hopes of an apartment in January at Westminster Gardens.....I just need emergency assistance until then....hopefully a hotel voucher for a couple of nights.....please return my email and God bless you and THANK YOU......from Joan.....:-)
natasha

Post by natasha »

Evening my name is Luicy. I am having trouble finding help in my area on you website. Could you please help me as I am sleeping in a Greyhound station right now? I need help with emergency motel/hotel vouchers. A few months ago I moved to Dallas to escape my husband who had been in prison since 02/22/2022 and was due to be released 09/01/2023. I figured he would not be able to find me up there but unfortunately about a week ago.
I lost my housing in Dallas and so I had to return to Austin but I am super afraid to run into my husband or have him find where I am located and my job is up in the air right now. I was working at Fred Meyers in Dallas Oregon and when I came back to Roseburg it was a sudden thing and I had no other choice other than to sleep in thew Greyhound bus station . I was trying to get my employment transferred down to the Dallas but I don't know if they will be able to transfer me so I currently have no income. Can you help me get in the right direction of hotel vouchers.
Any help would be appreciated I don't want to end back under the clinches of my husband.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are free bus tickets, including from Greyhound or charities. Maybe you can get a ride to a friend or family, so no longer need to sleep at the station. Look here for a free greyhound ticket.