Chronically homeless

Find how to get help with rent
ChuckieMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Chronically homeless

Post by ChuckieMac »

Hello my name is Demelya. I’m chronically homeless due to fleeing a Domestic violence relationship with my 9-year-old son's father. I been homeless for 2 years now.  My time was just up recently 5 months ago at the Save shelter in Fremont CA I lived there for 4 months. But they could not extend me and my child since it’s a 90-day program only. I been in motels and sleeping in cars. It’s hard getting my son to school every day. I receive SSI because of my mental state at 18. I was in my first Domestic violence relationship with a man 23 year older than I was and he beat me every day and ran me over with his car. I’m desperately asking for help to get on my feet. I need help I have to check out of the motel in 2 days with my child. We have nowhere to go. Shelters are full. My storage unit with all that I and my child own is going be sold is 2 weeks.  We have nothing. Please Can someone help.
malisha

Re: Chronically homeless

Post by malisha »

Hello, my name is Karen. I'm in need of assistance as I am chronically homeless. I did some research and came across your information. My husband and I have been Chronically homeless for the past two years.
We are currently staying in our car. We were taking a walking trip by the law river when I lost my balance from a 5 foot  walk path from under the bridge when I realized I was falling. My husband being on the bottom path try to grab me but my weight was taking by my left knee and I fractured my tibia bone in one corner. It's a little hard to rest in the van to use the restroom in the park or so on they told me about some emergency vouchers they give out for hotels to the Chronically homeless. I have a brace for two more weeks before they confirmed if surgery is necessary or a cast. If you could do anything for us please reply back through my email. I currently don't have a phone with service. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you are chronically homeless, then maybe look into rapid rehousing. But you need a job, source of income, learn about finances and more. As not homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program will assist you over the long term - only you can help yourself from breaking the cycle of chronically homeless.
malisha wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:27 pm Hello, my name is Karen. I'm in need of assistance as I am chronically homeless. I did some research and came across your information. My husband and I have been Chronically homeless for the past two years.
Hibernation

Post by Hibernation »

I am currently waiting for my Social Security Disability claim to go through so I am not homeless again, which has been a chronic issue. This has been since 3/2020it’s now coming to 10/21 and I am ready to become homeless . Is there any assistance I may receive from the state until my Social Security Disability or Supplemental Income is approved by the state?
I do receive Snap & medical assistance which is a huge help but I live by myself no help very minimum help from a family member which will stop soon because this person lives off of her Social Security.
Can someone please let me know if there is a program out there to help a single person that is waiting for her disability to be approved, as I have been Chronically homeless in the past.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Cruisers

Post by Cruisers »

After countless times being homeless this is the end of a 3+ months homelessness. Yes, I have been Chronically homeless. But I've found an apartment that I can pay for & includes everything but I don't have furniture, clothing, house hold items, a vehicle. I do have an open wound on lower leg & a bad service connected back, amongst numerous other thing that prevent me from a lot of life.
My last residence has some unpaid utilities that would have help me up if would have had to turn them on here, so this is good.
I've been severely depressed for a while a Minute & if this apartment hadn't happened, well I'm not sure what I would have done I can't stand the cold.
I still have some hope left that I can be safe and feel at home, I just need some stuff and really for starters a bad some blankets a towel and a recliner and tv. Sounds like heaven..
Thank you for anything you can possibly do to help the chronically homeless.