Shelter Plus program kicking me out

Find how to get help with rent
Stubaker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Shelter Plus program kicking me out

Post by Stubaker »

I live in New Horizons Shelter Plus program. Since I wasn't homeless for 12 months they are kicking me on the 14th of January. I've only been homeless 8 months. That's long enough for me. They will accept me at The Ralston but there's a 50 dollar application fee that I don't have. I need help. I have severe PTSD, major depression, borderline personality disorder and anxiety. I see a Dr at New Horizons that helps me. I have applied for disability in April but they say they are in the final process of the decision but it's taking forever. My appointment at The Ralston is January 3rd. I am okay with living there. I have a sponsor to pay the 25 a month rent but can't come up with the application fee. You could accompany me there on January 3rd. Could the church help me? I also have a federally protected service dog trained in PTSD triggers. The Ralston knows this and is fine with it. Can I get some help PLEASE since the shelter Plus program won't????  I'm in desperate need. Attached is my eviction notice.
Dan Meyer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Shelter Plus program kicking me out

Post by Dan Meyer »

Hello my name is Heather. I just recently moved into low income Seattle public housing in Seattle Washington I was previously homeless as shelter Plus kicked me out of my previous home. I am in need of a bed for myself as well as my daughter and a couch if possible. I also am in need of help with gas for my vehicle as well as vehicle maintenance. My daughter has mental health issues and has a history of self-harming herself and she is in therapy but all the way in Puyallup. So every week I have to drive from the U district Seattle all the way to Puyallup Washington and that is at least a 40-45 minute drive one way so gas is extremely expensive. I am currently on social security disability so funds are extremely tight. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon with leads on places and organizations that could possibly help both my daughter and myself due to the Shelter Plus program hardship. Thank you very much and God bless you.