Trying to make it through the month

Find how to get help with rent
OoaudreyoO
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Trying to make it through the month

Post by OoaudreyoO »

Our landlady told me that she would need to file for our eviction this month. I've been expecting it to be served so we can apply for rent assistance. I noticed today that on the Public Records website it's been filed but in the wrong names and address.
So, my reason for posting is twofold...

1. We need $900 before Xmas day or $985 before 12/31 to make this go away.
Or
2. Legally, how does this all affect the situation? We obviously haven't been "served" and IDK when we will, if at all. Can I still apply? Or are the guidelines so stringent that there's no way any place could accept the pieces as we have them?

Now... I love my landlady and she's been insanely helpful to me throughout the 11 years over been here. I honestly think she believes its more helpful for us to not be served.

What can I do next?
-----------
History
- Lost my Job 09/09/2019
-denied Unemployment despite SCDew agreeing with my side
-Appealed the 17 week penalty
-Upheld
-Appealed the decision
-Upheld
-Considering appeal to State
Husband
-For all intents and purposes, Disabled
-Unable to work for 1+ years
-Applied for SSDI in June
-Denied Early December
-Common to be denied first time and will appeal
-In Process of hiring legal help
How we've been surviving...
-Gofundme
-Reach is very minimal
-Our connections are, mostly, not in any place to help
-Some friends aren't even seeing our posts
-eBay
-Selling husband's vintage band shirts
-Very helpful at first but stock is finite and sales have all but stopped during the holiday season
-Selling some things via my account but I have had less success
-Family
-My Dad is a vagabond whose closest thing to a home is legally my house
-My Mom is struggling with pancreatic cancer and was recently fired while out on medical leave. Though she does not get enough money for her own survival, she was helping. Now that's not even an option.
-Parents-in-law are still recovering financially from a very unexpected hiccup in employment

What I've done to get back to work
-Applied
-Everywhere
-Considered significant career change
-I have been enrolled in school but was not able to ever sort out financial aid and actual attendance due to my previous job. I now need to appeal and get help in fixing what has become a huge mess
Magenta

Re: Trying to make it through the month

Post by Magenta »

My name is Natasha. I live in Las Vegas Nevada and am just trying to make it through the month. CPS has Terminated my rights as a February 22, 2021 but failed to submit an entry of order until December 15th 2021. My judge allowed my court appointed attorney to withdraw. I filed two motions to get another public defender but have been ignored. The state of Nevada is failing to uphold the Constitution by allowing a defendant and mother to defend herself against these agencies.
I am in need of representation in court to regain my rights that have been unjustly stolen from me. I need to just make it through the month. I need help finding the correct contacts in order to defend myself and regain custody of my son. I found a website that the states welfare department may be able to help pay legal fees And or provide me legal counsel. I have until January 15, 2022 to submit an appeal Regarding my termination of parental rights entry of order document I received about two weeks ago following a complaint I made with my CPS workers supervisor about how they have not followed your procedure throughout the entirety of my case. It has been going on since October 9th 2019. I'd appreciate a response back at your convenience, thank you very much.
Natasha
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to make it through the month

Post by Admin »

Look at the site Natasha. As we have many rent assistance programs listed, from charities, the government and more. You can probably find one. In addition, try this for government rent assistance.
Magenta wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:33 am I'd appreciate a response back at your convenience, thank you very much.
Natasha