My section 8 application in Illinois

Find how to get help with rent
lucylew
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

My section 8 application in Illinois

Post by lucylew »

I've applied for section 8 dozens of time and never received an answer and/or a house or apartment. I really need housing soon things at my current residence isn't working out to well. Can someone please get back to me and tell me something via email, phone call, regular mail (4701 w. superior Chicago Il. 60644) and/or text. I'm really in need of housing for me and my children, especially for my son. Thank you in advance. Respectfully
MarcoR
anti spam: Blue

Re: My section 8 application in Illinois

Post by MarcoR »

I live in fox lake Illinois. I am a senior and I am disable and applied to section 8 in Illinois. I need help paying a security deposit of 1350. This is a month and a half, I must move because where I live did not pass the lake county housing inspection which was done back on June 5th, 2020 and has not passed the village of Fox lake.
The association here who oversee the problem refuse to do what is necessary to solve this problem. So there for I am forced to move out. If I am not in a new place by December 31st.
I will lose my housing voucher. However, I have applied for a different section 8 apartment. But the owners want me to pay a month and a half of security   deposit which comes out to be 1350.00. I cannot come up with that amount. I am asking for your help, so I can rent this apartment and not lose my housing voucher. I have found it to be very hard to find a place who will accept a section 8 voucher. You can reach me by phone.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: My section 8 application in Illinois

Post by Admin »

Generally a housing authority will not offer security deposit help for section 8 in Illinois. But you can try.
There are public housing authorities in Fox Lake. Or you can trasfer your Illinois section 8 to another city or town. Find details here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... inois.html
MarcoR wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:08 pm I live in fox lake Illinois. I am a senior and I am disable and applied to section 8 in Illinois. I need help paying a security deposit of 1350. This is a month and a half, I must move because where I live did not pass the lake county housing inspection which was done back on June 5th, 2020 and has not passed the village of Fox lake.
The association here who oversee the problem refuse to do what is necessary to solve this problem. So there for I am forced to move out. If I am not in a new place by December 31st.
I will lose my housing voucher. However, I have applied for a different section 8 apartment. But the owners want me to pay a month and a half of security   deposit which comes out to be 1350.00. I cannot come up with that amount. I am asking for your help, so I can rent this apartment and not lose my housing voucher. I have found it to be very hard to find a place who will accept a section 8 voucher. You can reach me by phone.