No housing available for section 8

Find how to get help with rent
One I got
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No housing available for section 8

Post by One I got »

I live in a that doesn't support the poor and we have very limited programs to assist employer. I feel like my County fails to realize that most of the homeless and the poor are women with children. I live in Antioch California.
I'm a Section 8 participant and like many in this County where homeless because there is no housing availability because the landlords don't want to rent to us and they'd rather into a big-shot Silicon Valley person who pays three times what we can so I'm living in an abandoned house and my little girl is straight A student and president of her school. She's starting and she's my hero. My middle daughter was murdered two and a half years ago standing at the bus stop. We were homeless then as well I'm devastated both financially and emotionally but most of all my heart is broken.
My little girl deserves the world but I can't give it to her because someone stole my identity and took everything including our home, my house I'm living in is abandoned and they're going 2 red tag it in any day now and once again I'll be thrown into the street. My aunt was nice enough to allow my daughter to crash there while I try to find us section 8 housing that is available. She is the most wonderful thing in the world to me and I sure hope somebody can help me this Christmas as the way things are going we're not going to have another Christmas. It's unbearable for me not being able to do like I used to and provide a decent holiday for my children. The new way things have been going I'll be lucky to even be with my child for the holidays. I'm not asking for anything for me other than housing that is section 8 friendly and is available before the end of the year. I'm disabled.
TimesofNY

Re: No housing available for section 8

Post by TimesofNY »

I am in need of emergency rental assistance for my section 8 housing unit. I was recently diagnosed with MS and due to my physical effects I was no longer able to perform my job. I am now 2 months behind (September and October). My landlord is threatening eviction from my housing for section 8 and I have no place to go. I am actively seeking a job and should be hearing soon. I just need a little help to get me back in the road and keep a roof over my head.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: No housing available for section 8

Post by Admin »

Section 8 housing is obviously very limited. The government helps pay for it, and if it was "Easy" to get everyone would want it. So there needs to be limits. But there are emergency section 8 vouchers. Maybe those can help you. You can try anyway, and find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ucher.html