Move with section 8 due to flood

Find how to get help with rent
Rotatia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Move with section 8 due to flood

Post by Rotatia »

I am on a low income & trying to raise 3 grandkids & I was a flood disaster victim & I had to relocate to another area & I have a section 8 voucher & the area that I have moved to doing the flood disaster. Me & my 3 grandkids wasn't at peace or happy since because the kids & parents in this neighborhood is so cruel. There is bullying everyday. Me & my grandkids are going through problems with these people out here.
I never had this problem before. I love kids but when you got these kids parents pushing their kids up & teaching them to do bad things & I can't even let my grandkids really come outside & play because somebody child always comes over in my yard & starts trying to bullying my grandkids. At night I am up making sure these kids no trying to break my window out. There is trash my yard so I am trying to move & the landlord told me that she would let me move because since I moved here I be up most of the nigh trying to protect my family. So I am asking you'll to help me with my security deposit. Its $600.00. Thank you'll very much!
Starwood

Re: Move with section 8 due to flood

Post by Starwood »

Good afternoon,  I don't know what to do as my home flooded. I have tried calling family but I am completely out of options.... I am on section 8 & whenever our lease end the section 8 office do an inspection & after he's done we always pay our rent.... So our property manager says section 8 only paid $44 for rent this month... So she calls them on speaker phone.... The lady in the section 8 office says we (me & my daughter makes too much money) but I told her my daughter hours got cut & she had to quit. So now instead of paying $298 now I have to pay $622 plus $15 late fee plus hundreds to move due to the flood.... Of which I don't have.... I tried calling everyone but no one in my family wants to help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Move with section 8 due to flood

Post by Admin »

While not common, and it is hard to get, section 8 HUD vouchers due pay housing costs. If the lady in the section 8 office said something, then try calling the national hotline to double check or confirm that if want. Also try FEMA if the issue is a flood. And read more about section 8 moving assistance.
Starwood wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 pm Good afternoon,  I don't know what to do as my home flooded. I have tried calling family but I am completely out of options.... I am on section 8 & whenever our lease end the section 8 office do an inspection & after he's done we always pay our rent.... So our property manager says section 8 only paid $44 for rent this month... So she calls them on speaker phone.... The lady in the section 8 office says we (me & my daughter makes too much money) but I told her my daughter hours got cut & she had to quit. So now instead of paying $298 now I have to pay $622 plus $15 late fee plus hundreds to move due to the flood.... Of which I don't have.... I tried calling everyone but no one in my family wants to help.