Referrals to the Pennsylvania section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Batman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Referrals to the Pennsylvania section 8

Post by Batman »

To whom it may concern. I need help with section 8 Voucher certificate. I live here in west Philadelphia PA 19139. I do have an application with the Philadelphia Housing Authority at 1612 Fairmont ave. I'm in the Low income housing tax program but I don't have no certificate. I'm 54 years of age I'm on Disability, I live with someone but he only giving me 3 months to find some where to go. I did find a company that would help me but I was told I have to have a voucher. So if you can referred me to the right program to obtain one I would appreciate it. I really don't want to be homeless or in a shelter. I'm paying creditors and a loan plus my rent which is 300$, my telephone bill. I have eat so with the 45$ Food Stamps welfare gives. I try to do the best I can and I'm living with an Alcoholic and he smokes. He have split personality. And I have Multiple illnesses I can't no longer be in this environment. I go to Church I believe in our savior Jesus Christ. All I desire is a second Chance me having my own place to live with stop me from having involuntary tremors. Depression insomnia, fibromygia, Cataract, Diabetes and mental illness. Please help me. Thanks you may God peace be upon you all.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Referrals to the Pennsylvania section 8

Post by Admin »

We have information on section 8 in Pennsylvania. There are of course offices in Philadelphia too. Maybe that housing authority can help you get and use the voucher.
Batman wrote:To whom it may concern. I need help with section 8 Voucher certificate. I live here in west Philadelphia PA 19139. I do have an application with the Philadelphia Housing Authority at 1612 Fairmont ave.
Kimmy mommy

Post by Kimmy mommy »

Good morning... I'm sending this email trying to get help from section 8 in Pennsylvania. I'm a single mother with 8 children living with me. I am currently receiving $1500 in monthly income. The place I am living I am paying $1300 plus utilities. I really don't know how I've been doing it. "Robbing Peter to pay Paul". It has not been easy and it’s become very stressful this past month. I've been here for 16 months and worked for 12 of those months. Realistically I know I cannot afford this house but I also cannot save a penny to even try to move. Before I moved here I was in city of Pittsburgh housing authority and ran into facing an eviction with them. If only I knew then what I know now I would be appealed it. But even with the section 8 housing authority case I feel I was wrongfully evicted. Because with housing authority your rent goes by your income. In April of 2015 I wanted my son who was grown removed from my lease I put it in writing and everything... they refused to remove him and adjust my rent due to him receiving SSI and him staying with his father. I'm just starting to lose hope. I never have up but after calling and going to housing and get nowhere. I was told by management that I had to vacate. I went to the magistrate on 1/12/2019. The judgement which I have was for $485 fine but manager refused to remove and adjust. Now getting processed for section 8 they are saying I owe them $2076.74. No one at Pennsylvania section 8 housing authority can give me answers and I would really hate for this to be an error and not to be able to receive section 8. All I'm trying to do is find affordable housing for my babies and me. I thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I'm hoping and praying for help. Just don't know where to turn.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Single mom with 8 children....? Uggh....Good luck. So many requests are from people who have made terrible financial decisions in their life, and sadly the kids suffer. We have tremendous empathy for the children who suffer and go without due to their parents careless, selfish decisions. Anyway, try the rent help in Pennsylvania .
Kimmy mommy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:30 pm Good morning... I'm sending this email trying to get help from section 8 in Pennsylvania. I'm a single mother with 8 children living with me.
Joann

Post by Joann »

I'm seeking assistance in Philadelphia, PA for rent or relocation, move in funding, section 8 housing and moving expenses. If you could be so kind to help me with any information possible it would be most appreciated. I have less than two weeks to come up with my back rent or be kicked out of my section 8 apartment. 
Demi Sutra

Post by Demi Sutra »

Hello,

I am trying to find help for myself and my family with section 8 in Pennsylvania . We currently live in Coatesville Pennsylvania and we are facing eviction. My husband isn't over the road truck driver and his pay has been extremely sporadic lately. Unfortunately when he does get a check it is not big enough to cover everything we need. I have interviewed for jobs and I was just offered a job yesterday to start in two weeks and then I will be able to help with the bills and other expenses. Unfortunately right now we are struggling and we are a month behind in the rent and all our utility bills. I barely have money to put food on the table or gas in my car to get to and from anywhere I would need to go. Please if you can help me with section 8 in PA in any way it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't help you sign up - you need to do that yourself. But we can give you a list of public housing authorities in PA to try. We have them for every town and county in the state. Find them here, and get information on Sec 8 HCV in Pennsylvania.
Demi Sutra wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:08 am Hello,

I am trying to find help for myself and my family with section 8 in Pennsylvania . Please if you can help me with section 8 in PA in any way it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,