Someone to share their home

Find how to get help with rent
Margielee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Someone to share their home

Post by Margielee »

Hello, I need help getting my head above water. I’ve been living in the same rental house for 9 + years. My wife and I divorced all most three years ago. I have my two children with me, ages 10 & 16 it’s been such a struggle with one income but we survive week to week. I was wondering if there were some good people out there that could house the three of us by sharing their home, basement, home they don’t live in, or just plain help with rent, bills etc.. The kids would love to stay here but it takes All I have and it’s hard to give to them. Not sure what else to say...Thank you for your time.
Travis Cult
anti spam: Blue

Re: Someone to share their home

Post by Travis Cult »

Hello, my name is Randi and I am looking into the home sharing program I live in Iowa. In June of this year, I left a very toxic/abusive relationship and became homeless. I have 3 daughters ages 13, 10 and 7. They have been staying with their fathers since June. I see them as much as I can but it's very difficult without a car or a home. I've been staying with a friend and we are currently trying to get into an apartment or the house sharing service. Financially, this may not happen without some assistance. I was hoping to get some information about any sort of help to get my daughters and I under the same roof again. Thank you for your time.andi
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Someone to share their home

Post by Admin »

Hi Randi,
There are non-profits (not sure about Iowa though) that offer home sharing programs. People are background checked and the avings on housing costs are extensive. Look here for safe home sharing programs
Travis Cult wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:28 am Hello, my name is Randi and I am looking into the home sharing program I live in Iowa.