Rent due on section 8 apartment

Find how to get help with rent
ParkCircle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent due on section 8 apartment

Post by ParkCircle »

I am already on Section 8, but the maintenance man did not have repairs done in time for my re-inspection so they did not help at all for April. I recently lost my job and have not been able to pay my portion for March and June either. I believe my total is $914. I need to pay this by the end of the month or I will probably be evicted. Can I get a voucher for the total or some type of help for part of it? It is me and my 5 year old son in a one bedroom section 8 apartment. Thanks.
LorenDer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Rent due on section 8 apartment

Post by LorenDer »

Hi,
I have been frantically searching and on urgent help for my family to pay the rent on section 8 home
There are 6 of us.
Ages range 5 to 56.
We currently receive section 8 assistance but the rent has not been paid for April and May 2022.
Our portion of rent is 600.00 and the PHA pays the rest; but stopped because the landlord has decided not to renew the lease effective to terminate the lease at end of month after 10 years, not rented property out any longer.
I am currently unemployed. The only one working is my 19 year old son as a mechanic technician.
EIC claims there is nothing they can do.
I do not want to lose my position with EIC it took along time after being put on a waiting list.
Also the utilities are backed up several months.
My son has been able to apply some monies from his paycheck which is not a lot to begin with. For our family size and the expensive economy..
I have a court date Friday on Pasquotank NC for backed rent due of 779.90 dollars for April and then it would be the same for May.
To my understanding we have until the 24th of this month to be out
Again Eric claims they cannot assistance until all back rent is paid in full.
Please advise, please
Gratefully yours