Find how to get help with rent
Lumineers1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Boyfriend left me with unpaid rent

Post by Lumineers1 »

Hello,
I am emailing you for assistance in paying back an amount owed on a rental I had shared with my ex-boyfriend at Sundance Apartments. To give you a little backstory on my situation, at the time I was sharing an apartment with my than boyfriend who was on the lease (which was coming to the end of the agreed time limit). He was abusive and was arrested a month or so before the lease ended for soliciting a minor that lived within the complex. While he was in jail the lease came to an end, I had to keep a roof over the head of my daughter and I which lead to me signing a new lease under my name only. After the conviction of my than boyfriend came to an end, I eventually had to break the lease agreement signed because of the terms of his parole and circumstances between the two of us. I moved into my mother’s house at the time that I emailed a letter to my landlord stating my reasons for breaking the lease though his belongings were still in the apartment. I am now being charged $6224.54 to Sundance apartments for damages and other charges. I cannot afford to pay the amount in full since I am a stay at home mother of two now re-married. I am currently trying to rent an apartment named Raintree Apartments in Omaha, Nebraska with my now husband who is transferring because of his job. I am unable to rent anywhere because of the amount owed on the previous rental that I had with my ex-boyfriend. I cannot get any proof that I have a payment plan with my current debt collector or have even paid off the amount owed in full. The company that owns my debt referred me to you as a way to possibly help with the situation I am finding myself in after all these years. Please help me or at least give me some direction of where to go with my problem.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Boyfriend left me with unpaid rent

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about the abuse, but at least it ended and boyfriend is not in jail. Try the St Louis rent assistance programs. But it seems as if your place in Sun dance Apartments is not affordable for you alone as you relied on someone else, so will need to move.
Lumineers1 wrote:Hello,
I am emailing you for assistance in paying back an amount owed on a rental I had shared with my ex-boyfriend at Sundance Apartments. To give you a little backstory on my situation, at the time I was sharing an apartment with my than boyfriend who was on the lease (which was coming to the end of the agreed time limit). He was abusive and was arrested a month or so before the lease ended for soliciting a minor that lived within the complex.