12 hour workdays and still can't pay rent

Find how to get help with rent
Girl34
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

12 hour workdays and still can't pay rent

Post by Girl34 »

I am having difficulty paying my rent. I have lived at my current address for 14 years. I am 61 years old and due to illness and being unable to continue working 12-hr night shifts, I have been unemployed since February 8, 2019. I was unable to pay my March rent and my landlord is very unhappy. I have found new employment but do not start my job until Monday May 27. My first check won’t be until 2 or 3 weeks after I start and my April rent will be long overdue by then. I need help as I know my landlord will probably serve me an eviction notice. I do not want to become homeless and I'm worried sick and very scared. Can you please send me any information on rental assistance programs in Illinois? I am in Belleville, IL. I have contacted many of my local agencies and they are either out of money or not interested in helping me since I do work. Please, I would tremendously appreciate any information you could send me.
Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: 12 hour workdays and still can't pay rent

Post by Admin »

Hard worker, please seems if been there 14 years the landlord should try to work with you. Provided you have been a good tenant in the past. Talk to the landlord. Also, use out general page for various programs that can help with your rent payments. We have all sorts of national and local resources listed. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _rent.html
Girl34 wrote:I am having difficulty paying my rent. I have lived at my current address for 14 years. I am 61 years old and due to illness and being unable to continue working 12-hr night shifts, I have been unemployed since February 8, 2019. I was unable to pay my March rent and my landlord is very unhappy. I have found new employment but do not start my job until Monday May 27. My first check won’t be until 2 or 3 weeks after I start and my April rent will be long overdue by then. I need help as I know my landlord will probably serve me an eviction notice. I do not want to become homeless and I'm worried sick and very scared. Can you please send me any information on rental assistance programs in Illinois? I am in Belleville, IL. I have contacted many of my local agencies and they are either out of money or not interested in helping me since I do work. Please, I would tremendously appreciate any information you could send me.
Thank you!
YARA SKYE

Post by YARA SKYE »

To whom it may concern.
I and my husband were victims of a home invasion here in Hillcrest Illinois, just outside of Rochelle. My husband was shot January 24, 2019. I work part-time but 12 hour das at Casey's General Stores also in Hillcrest and I do not bring home enough money to catch us back up on rent. As of tomorrow June 1, 2019 I will be $890.00 behind. I'm not asking for pity or for help with the entire amount I'm behind. I just want to make sure I have a home for my husband to come back to after his second surgery tomorrow. If there's any way I could get any help at all it would be more than appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Being $890 is far behind. But sorry about your husband being shot. But even if someone were to help you, what would you do the next month since your husband is unable to work and your 12 hours days are not enough? Anyway, try LOVE in the Hillcrest area. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... camor.html
YARA SKYE wrote:To whom it may concern.
I and my husband were victims of a home invasion here in Hillcrest Illinois, just outside of Rochelle. My husband was shot January 24, 2019. I work part-time but 12 hour das at Casey's General Stores also in Hillcrest and I do not bring home enough money to catch us back up on rent. As of tomorrow June 1, 2019 I will be $890.00 behind. I'm not asking for pity or for help with the entire amount I'm behind. I just want to make sure I have a home for my husband to come back to after his second surgery tomorrow. If there's any way I could get any help at all it would be more than appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Wedocare

Post by Wedocare »

I am trying to find some type of rental help. I have been living at my apartment a little over a year and I  had two jobs working 12 hours a day but I had to leave one due to transportation issues. I have been trying to keep up with a part time job and I have fallen behind to the point of getting a 24 hour notice meaning I have to pay in full or be out by tomorrow. I have to children and I can pay 379.00 of my own money from my 12 hour jobs. I just need some help please. I’m using my work email and cannot change it if you could send me any type of helpful info can use, and thank you.