Lotto for low income housing

Find how to get help with rent
Pantene
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Lotto for low income housing

Post by Pantene »

HELLO!! PLEASE HELP This message has been bounced back 3X all claiming to be the wrong contact. I am writing you in hope you can clear up some confusion on my end and offer some advice attempting to check my place in line for low\income housing (lottery) YET, I got nowhere, and the more I read the more confused I get......
I just called the waiting list status hotline, it claims to NOT have any record of me or my social security Number!!! Does this mean I am not on any waiting list, or can it be an error?!!!!!?????...
Could you assist me as far as what program I should apply FOR, OR which ones I am eligible for?
My fiancé and I are planning on living together, I applied as a family, He made 17k last year and WITH MY 13k gives us a total of $30,000.
But the 2018 HUDS Akron median income in Summit is $66,90 Yet, Edgewood's median income is $62,000. Does it change by property, or is it set by county?? Or is it set per the program? (I was declined at Edgewood, don't know why)?????
I have been online months trying to figure out how & where to apply. Do I have to apply with EACH property? Am I eligible for rent based on my income (subsidized) that doesn't need approval through the state correct? Just apply at the property?
I apologize for my so many questions, and I appreciate your time. I am OVERWHELMED. I thought I was on the list these past 6 months.... I'm taking online courses w/ Cleveland State to be a nurse, I cannot work anymore, the time doesn't ALLOW. My fiancée is in the beginning stages of running his own plumbing business which financially very slow MOVING, THEREFORE we are searching for housing assistance.
This is a first for us (applying for housing aid) and we are in a tight spot.... We are facing eviction AND possibly losing our property which is currently being stored in a rental garage in town. They sent us a final notice threatening if they don't receive 2 payments with-in 15 days, they will auction our storage unit. There's a whole house worth of items, I cannot handle the anxiety over this....We are already paying half of our monthly income on storage alone!! Storage is $260 a month...With rent, etc. we cannot keep up, we already are in a huge hole.... I cannot lose my property, I can't even afford what I am paying now, and my living situation has become unstable, because we cannot afford it AND the renters to move someone else in that can afford it, I understand, but it is scary. I am so concerned where we will be sleeping week to week.
Randstad

Re: Lotto for low income housing

Post by Randstad »

Hello,
I wanted to reach out to gain some insight and information about the lotto for who gets low income and multifamily projects in Massachusetts. What are the requirements to participate in these programs? Are there any upcoming programs or deadlines for 2019? Historically, how have manufacturers participated in these programs in the past? This is an area that I would like to focus on and any information would be great!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lotto for low income housing

Post by Admin »

Try a section 8 housing authority in Massachusetts. They often hold so called lotteries for low income apartments as the demand is so far in front of supply. Most also have waiting lists. But look into that, and find section 8 in Massachusetts.
Randstad wrote:Hello,
I wanted to reach out to gain some insight and information about the lotto for who gets low income and multifamily projects in Massachusetts.