10 day eviction notice

Find how to get help with rent
Rested
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

10 day eviction notice

Post by Rested »

I am living in Harriet Tubman Terrace and I have fallen behind paying my rent. They have sent me a ten day eviction notice, and I have call them and they told me that I have until the end of the month to pay $1,000. This is my first time being late with my rent like this and I don't have it to pay at the end of the month. I have medical bills that I've played that cause me to be behind. I have doctor visits which I have not made because I do not have the co-pay and also for blood work. I have a job but I'm only working 32 hours and I'm really trying to get another part time work, but I have not succeeded yet. I am desperate in need of this help. I do not have any other way out. Thank you,
MayaBijou

Re: 10 day eviction notice

Post by MayaBijou »

I'm on the verge of being evicted. I've been making payments to what I thought was my rent but turns out to be otherwise. Long story short, I was summoning to go to court for nonpayment of rent. Mind you my rent is 290$ and the landlord is charging $1,431. sending various nonpayment of rent balances with 10 day eviction notices. I take full responsibility for my actions and admit that I haven't given her anything since January due to various amounts. As soon as I thought I was catching up, she would send out another notice with a different balance, so I didn't give her anything. That was wrong on my behalf, but I don't know what to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: 10 day eviction notice

Post by Admin »

Since you are so far behind, and owe so much in rent, your options are limited. It may be better to look into some sort of income subsidized apartment. In that case, it will be HUD housing. That may help you stabilize the situation after you are evicted in 10 days.
MayaBijou wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:09 pm I'm on the verge of being evicted. I've been making payments to what I thought was my rent but turns out to be otherwise. Long story short, I was summoning to go to court for nonpayment of rent. Mind you my rent is 290$ and the landlord is charging $1,431. sending various nonpayment of rent balances with 10 day eviction notices.